Thursday, November 1, 2007

CREATE THE YOU !!



The FIX YA FACE - Inner Beauty & Outer Wellness Blog is about experiencing the great feelings that blossom from within, conveying that emotion through your actions and sustaining the ability to attract like minded people to you, via your energy (smile, style, gestures.) We are very thankful for our dedicated readers and truly honored by the new viewers. YOU make the difference by having the same ideas as those who want to shape positive thoughts into new truths. Enjoy the fruit of the month, facial ideas, forward inspiration, interviews of fierce individuals and more. Your wit, wisdom, updates and ideas are priceless guys and gals! To that I always applaud YOU. So post it up folks! Let's create a circle so strong that there is never a weak link to inspiration. I am growing. The more I learn...the more I love. No stranger to stress or disappointments but I now make it my business to smoothly reacquaint myself with a resolution tactic for victory and comfort. Progress is a process. I'm not done yet! Are YOU?

Enjoy this colorful month of November and all it's natural creations! No complaining here. Just conscious expressions on how YOU can approach a person/a event/ a deadline differently to get the result you desire. The journey to the result might make you smile because YOU (and a higher power) had a part in it. Deal with your perception of YOU. Not the naysayers, noisy neighbors and "true players". Be the producer, the composer and singer of the most important song of your life. BE YOU. Create the YOU, that deserves to be respected, loved and heard. YOU are what you eat.Try whole grains along with natural products that support your immune system and healthy organs. YOU are what you do. Take the whole step-not half- when you take on tasks that you are responsible for. YOU are what you say. Speak with your whole heart, go forward and say something good. Be thankful beyond question. Know that YOU are not that bad right now and it can only get better. Bring your own appreciative mood to the party and you just might be asked to stay a little longer:) Create flexibility. Create focus. Create the YOU. The YOU that might host his/her first Thanksgiving dinner. The YOU that might redecorate your child's room. Turn your tasks into events. Listen for the compliments that make you smile because that is how you'll have fun, have faith and FIX YA FACE!

The universe, my abilities and a higher power has blessed me with an invitation to the BMI/Royalty Network International Songwriters Retreat in Jamaica so by the time you read this I should be unpacking my open toe heels and sun hat, lol. Have a blessed and fun Thanksgiving this month. You have more to be thankful for than you can count.

Exercise of the month: Do 1 person a favor, feel good about it and walk away with no expectancy of a reward...
--Marcella Precise

IN FYF THIS MONTH:
A BEAUTIFUL MIND welcomes to the interview chair:
.....SABRINA THOMPSON. Sabrina is also a business savvy Communications graduate of The University of North Carolina. Her integrity and discipline developed through her journey has made her a welcomed executive officer and board member of WEEN (Women in Entertainment Empowerment Network), a new non profit organization and subsidiary of Russell Simmons' Hip-Hop Summit Action Network. She is also a media consultant for the National Bar Association
....MARCELLA RUNELL-HALL. Marcella is also a freelance writer for the New York Times Learning Network and VIBE magazine. Currently completing her dissertation in Social Justice Education from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She just released her first book, co-authored with Martha Diaz, "The Hip-Hop Education Guidebook."
These vibrant ladies are great at multitasking. I know you'll be intrigued to read how they are involved in life, loving and creating their joy.
SHE DID IT!! Passionate, sincere and dedicated individuals across the world are honored here. Send us an email about 1 you know. Once again, music is being made everyday. Find your song and sing it! Embrace the vibe that keeps you going. Check out 2 young ladies new releases listed. PLUS WE HAVE BIRTHDAY GIRLS AND NEW MOTHERS!


*LeeLa's Corner* Here to listen and learn from you all. Keep us in the loop or just her drop a line.


The Fix Ya Face Inner Beauty/Outer Wellness Blog is for those that will do their best to
Feel
& Look their best from this point on



************************************************************************************
November is National Adoption Month, as per census.gov
Be An Active Participant In Creating THE YOU ...Thursday November 1, 2007
CRANBERRY JUICINESS

Love is a feeling that moves mountains or at least move people. Get moved! Move on! Move better! You are among the living and so the loving is going to happen
. Speak about topics that strengthen your faith in your family, friends and you future. Even though the clock is being set back one hour this month, you can not go back. You don't won't to. You are too good at thinking of ways to increase your spiritual wealth in the present and future.
This November go buy goods to host YOUR first thanksgiving dinner for family. Go help YOUR friend with a task that has him/her overwhelmed. Go read YOUR new catalog (Helloo-Christmas is knocking)
The new Fruit of The Month not only will get the healthy properties moving through your body, it's also a "plopper". Yup. See It. Grab It. And Plop it! Right in your mouth (alright now, lol) You may swish the juice's goodness from left to right in your mouth because the taste is immeasurable (who the? lol) But you won't turn as red as they are. Yes we are on the same track and can only be talking about the Cranberry.
Cranberries are packed with Vitamin C. These very red, kind of small specimens that hang real low from vines contain Quinic Acid (prevents kidney stones.) It's in the same family as the blueberry and bilberry. Unsweetened cranberry juice is very popular. Cranberry aids in ceasing urinary tract infections and dental plaque as well.
Today frowning is never promoted, doubting yourself (or others) will not do either. Focus. Have movement that will make you smile genuinely. FIX YA FACE. Feel Good. Look Great. And do well out there:)
************************************************************ ***********************Cranberry Ideas

Cranberry berry treat:
With cold water, I rinsed 2 handful of blueberries with 3 handfuls of cranberries. Mixed with pineapple chunks in a bowl. I pour 1/8 cup of sparkling apple cider over it. Then mixed. Placed in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and served as desert with low fat whip cream on top.
Cranberry straight:
You can find a relaxing chair and indulge in a cold glass of cranberry juice or cocktail. The health benefits are wonderful.

(Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.)

*************************************************************************
MARCELLA PRECISE'S FAVORITE FIND OF THE MONTH
Cranberry Hand Wash by the Body Shop

...is a delight. This product woks itself into a creamy lather that aims to please
your palms.
I appreciate the blends of organic honey, coconut oil and cranberry oil. A little dab did wonders for me and the cranberry scent is delicious to the nose, lol. I love feeling clean, fresh and soft so this fits right into the regimen perfectly. If you try it, feel free to write us at FYF about it.
(Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure)

**********************************************************
A Beautiful Mind welcomes


SABRINA THOMPSON


1. What keeps you feeling beautiful? If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?
Kids and great weather keep me beautiful! I don't have any kids of my own but when I surround myself around youth, I tend to feel and look my best! A song that reflects my vibe would be "Golden" by Chrisette Michele. I absolutely love the vibe of this song because it's beautiful, organic, full of meaningful lyrics, smooth and it's totally for people who have infinite faith and are hopeless romantics. I feel like I encompass all of that. What a gorgeous song!

2. With your successful experiences allowing you to travel the globe, what are some of your day to day activities?I'm not too much of a routine person. I am rather sporadic in nature. I try to exercise and blog about some of my crazy experiences when I can. Aside from that the only thing that remains constant in my life is meaningful communication with my family and tight circle of friends and the lovely rotation of music on my ipod.
3. What are you most proud of that you've done?Resigned from my job as a TV producer in Manhattan to become a high school teacher in one of the worst neighborhoods America... Brownsville in Brooklyn, NY
4. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?Fun? what is that? lol..just kidding. As outgoing as I am, I am a loner. I love chilling and hanging out in the park, especially Central and Prospect Park. I love painting and traveling indeed. hmmmmm, I'd LOVE to try bungee jumping for fun...but ONLY if it was into a pool full of marshmellows or pillows. (i'm daring, but not insane!)
5. One thing on my Life List is to get married and have at least 2 healthy, lovely, astounding children.
6. What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world?The one and only God and my family....without those two I, like most people, would be a hot mess.

7. What are 3 qualities that you prefer in a mate at this point in your life?INTELLIGENCE, INTELLIGENCE oh..did I say INTELLIGENCE! :) Okay, let me answer the question...Intelligence, Financial Stability, and Spirituality

8.
Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice and what was it?My girlfriend Lauren. She is a gem! She told me to "always give from your heart regardless of what you think the outcome will be. Don't give thinking if someone will take advantage of you...simply do it because you want to...either they will appreciate you or not."
9. What piece of business advice would
you like to share?Take risks and don't spend so much time writing about your business plan...just get out there and do it! Falling on your face is not always a bad thing at all as long as you get back up and start running in the right direction.
10. Champagne, Iced Latte or Sparkling Apple Cider? Butter Pecan, Chocolate or Strawberry?
Hmmmm, what an interesting question...with my personality I don't need to touch caffeine with a 10 foot pole or else I'd be jumping off the walls. Let's go with Sparkling Apple Cider. oh and please...after Chocolate ...is there any other choice? I'd die w/o chocolate!

11. What word would best describe you right now? Fearless






BeanPye.com

****************************************************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes
MARCELLA RUNELL-HALL

1. What keeps you feeling beautiful? If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?
Being happy & enthusiastic about my life keeps me feeling beautiful; I wake up everyday feeling grateful for all the various aspects of my life including my husband, family, friends, job, neighborhood, etc. Little things that enhance the feeling of outer beauty are good lip gloss, the perfect scent and clothes that compliment my body type. :-) I love music so it's hard to pick one song-but I always loved this old reggae song called Modern Girl by Courtney Melody (1986)...I believe it accurately describes the complexity and contradictions of being a "modern" woman and it's a good song.
2. With your successful experiences allowing you to connect with people around the globe, what are some of your day to day activities?
I enjoy some meditation time in the morning to reflect on what my day is going to look like; usually over my one (big) cup of coffee for the day. I have a job that I love so I enjoy coming to my office. And in the evening when I can-I love time with my DVR (like a TIVO). Being able to watch some of my shows anytime-is a really nice luxury and a good way to unwind; plus I don't have to watch the commercials! I am so spoiled by it.

3. What are you most proud of that you've done?
I generally tend to focus on achievements like acquiring degrees or publishing things because they are easy to quantify; but actually I think I am most proud of my husband and I for getting married. We both come from parents who are divorced and I think marriage is a big risk for some people; especially if you lived through divorce. I am so glad we took a leap of faith.

4. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?
I love to read, shop, dance, take pictures, hang out with friends. But one of the things I really enjoy doing is decorating. It's a passion that my Mom & I share. It is so rewarding for me to transform spaces. I was able to do that in our apartment, in my office and recently my colleagues even let me add a little flavor to the lounge in the office.

I keep saying to people that I want to write fiction books in my 40's. I have always loved to read fiction and I love creative writing, so I am looking forward to having the time to try my hand at that type of writing. I would still want to incorporate/explore issues of identity, race, class, religion, gender, relationships, etc. but in a storytelling way, not in the intentional, more formal educational way.

5. Give us 1 thing that is on your "Life List" (something you'd still like to accomplish)?
Becoming a mother. I have many god children and I have always loved kids, so now that things are in place, I am really looking forward to the next step in starting a family.

6.
What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world?
My relationship & belief in God. And belonging to a church (Christian Cultural Center, Brooklyn NY) that is so fortifying is also really helpful. In addition working with young people is really humbling because generally they are not impressed with the same things as adults-and it grounding in an unintentional way.

7. What are 3 qualities that you prefer in a mate at this point in your life?
I prefer way more than three! But I am blessed that my husband and I share many compatible values around family, finances, character, honesty, music/books and we make each other laugh.

8.
Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice and what was it?
Whew...I have received so many pieces of good advice. Two favorites-1) I met Sister Souljah in 1996 at a book signing and she told me, "don't be afraid to stand up for what's right-even when it's unpopular" and I think of that often in my day-to-day life. 2) Several years ago my pastor preached a sermon on, "a crisis is only a crisis when you don't have the knowledge and skills to deal with it." And that blew my mind. At the time I was trying to find an apartment in NYC after graduating from school, and I had no money saved and my credit wasn't so great, and my family wasn't in a position to help. I thought that was a huge crisis! But since then, that advice has serve d me in many capacities that have been far more serious.

9. What piece of business advice would you like to share?
Your reputation is priceless, and you should treat it that way.

10. Champagne, Iced Latte or Sparkling Apple Cider? Butter Pecan, Chocolate or
Strawberry?
Apple Cider I suppose; but I really enjoy a nice glass of wine sometimes. And I love Chocolate. My friends joke because my ideal birthday cake is chocolate cake with chocolate icing...

11. What word would best describe you right now?
Thankful












HipHopAssociation.org
****************************************************************************************************




*LeeLa's Corner*
Lead YOUR life then the goodness with follow.

Listen to the universe, for it is connected to the soul of things:) Thank you for the letters and good words.





************************************************************************************
****************
SHE DID IT!!
****************

HONORS:
SEELAH S.Y.
On beginning her new phrase of education to become a
Certified Holistic Counselor
**************************************************************************

HONORS:
ALICIA KEYS
On her Nov 13th album release entitled
AS I AM
***************************************************************************

HONORS:

Participants in The New York City Marathon
in NYC November 4-5, 2007


******************************************************************

HONORS:
KEYSHIA COLE on her newly released album :
JUST LIKE YOU
************************************************************************************
HONORS:
NICOLE HAMILTON (Philadephia)

and NicNaturals.com Luxury Bath Products
on receiving a vendor's invitation to the Black Solidarity Day Vendor's Market

at CUNY Brooklyn College NY, NOV 5, 2007


************************************************************************
***********************************************************
**CONGRATS TO New Mothers of Bronx, New York and Riley, North Carolina**
*********************************************
*********************************************************

*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY*****

Because you were born...Great things were born
Mary Drew-11/7
Reesa McCor-11/07
Desi J-11/09
Mira L Van-11/10
Wanda Veers-11/10
Susan Johns-11/12
April Livey-11/13
Shawnna Q-11/13
Levett R- 11/21
Rita Y K-11/24
D Dragotta -11/26
Sabrina B-11/27
RT Newsom-11/27







To be considered for A Beautiful Mind, *LeeLa's Corner* or SHE DID IT!! Just send us an email at TheFixYaFaceBlogazine@gmail.com

5 comments:

Bhairavi Andrea said...

Booyaka! Booyaka!! Lick Shot!

Miss Precise, you was born a winner!!

First, I wanted to big you up for this site. Second, I wanted to add that if a woman drinks unsweetened cranberry juice for 10 - 14 days, her yeast infection should be cured. ;)

Third, I wanted to say "thank you" for interviewing Sabby T. I think she is so great and I am honored to know her. Then I scrolled down and saw my name!! Lawdy Lawd!! I couldn't believe it. Thank you for that...it means the world to me. I just came back from the Omega "being Yoga" Conference and it was so fantastic...we are all works in progress and I'm glad that you and I (and Sabby and all the other women and men that read your blog) and progressing together.

Big Ups to you everytime and I hope your trip in JA is the best thing since Cooked Food and Curry!! LOL

Blessed Love.
SeeLaHSeeSYou!

Anonymous said...

Cranberries are good for alot of ailments and the tart taste makes me feellike

I'm not having too much sugar. great info.

Love the the interviews:--)

Anonymous said...

Body Shop Is the Spot! Cranberry is great but their manderine orange rocksas well (smile)

Keep doing what your doing. Positive wins over everything else fyf.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Just passing by to re-up on inspiration & to say good luck in 2008 to all who reads here.

Anonymous said...

thought today was the first. Sorry-;)