Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SEPTEMBER 2010


(Because of YOU and your warm spirit, The FYF Blogazine's viewership
is over 1.4 million and I thank you)


(click image above to view larger)



*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************
Welcoming The Unknown Thru Faith


YAAY YOU Ladies and Gentlemen! It's wonderful to see that you chose this space worthy of your viewing/mental time. You are always welcome to send ideas, information and inspiration. Let's aim to stay encourage within this day forward. You are truly appreciated and necessary.
Feel free to share any recipes, terms of encouragement and bright ideas noted beyond this point, if it helps you through your day/week/month. There's no way to know everything so let's support the idea of having faith in our movements and our future.

Here's to doing our best, knowing that our best was done and letting those actions of our best, actually WORK in this world. By believing with a confident open heart, we lead ourselves to more reasons to love ourselves as 1 race. The human race.
Let this month be our most impactful by helping others realize their worth. Sometimes that can be done just by us realizing our own, in their presence and expressing to one other that ALL things are possible and ALL things are already working in their favor.

As the seasons change, let's change with it and see what's next to come. Clearly we are meant to be here. Let's change our own lives and all we come in contact with, by having faith in their goodness. You will be glad you did and smile about it later.
That is how you have fun, have faith and Fix Ya Face:)

Have a wonderful SEPTEMBER!!! IT'S YOURS! See you soon.

-Marcella Precise

Exercises Of The Month:

1. LISTEN to your heart
2.
Drink Water and Eat Fresh Foods3. FEEL better thoughts, HAVE better days


********************

IN FYF THIS MONTH:

A BEAUTIFUL MIND welcomes to the interview chairs:

ANNETTE DUZANT-TASCH

and

OLIVIA S. BALTIMORE


As we practice loving something new about our lives daily, let's remember to give that same enthusiasm to another person. Have faith in the incidents and coincidences. You never know what greatness can come out of them. Believe that the struggles can be short, bearable,ending and atleast lessened. Believe that the victory is one move away.
For we are aiming to feel loved and give love abundantly while being
... GRACIOUS!!!
Meet two
Grateful Resilient Able Curious Informed Optimistic Unique Savvy women with positive outlooks that supports their grateful movements of this lifetime.
Please enjoy a glimpse of their journey thus far.

MARCELLA PRECISE'S FAVORITE FIND has a review of great item worth showcasing.

The BE MY GUEST has a informative site noted. As always we applaud efforts of anyone working with positive energy and actions.

SHE DID IT!! is where passionate, sincere and dedicated individuals across the world are honored. Send us an email about 1 you know. SEND US YOUR BIRTH DATE TO POST!


**************************************************************

This Month
of SEPTEMBER is:
National Cholesterol Education Month
National Yoga Month







The Food Of The Month is the Peaches. With Potassium and Magnesium, this bright tiny fruit has alot to offer your big world of healthy eating. Calcium and Iron in peaches promote strong bones and joint health. Great tasting and simple to pack/carry. Great resource for vitamins and great addition to fun recipes.

Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.

********************

Sinful Peach Cobbler

Show: Guy's Big Bites Episode: Southern Shrimp Soiree

Ingredients


For the peach filling:

  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 10 cups frozen peaches, thawed, about 3 pounds prepared
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1 teaspoon butter

For the crumb topping:

  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 8 pieces
  • Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
  • Special Equipment: 12 by 8-inch oval stoneware dish or 13 by 9-inch rectangular glass or stoneware dish

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
To make the peach filling: In a large bowl, stir together sugars, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add peaches and gently toss to coat. Mix together cornstarch slurry and lemon juice and stir into peaches to incorporate. Butter a 12 by 8-inch oval dish and add peach mixture.
To make the crumb topping: In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients, add in butter pieces and combine with hands until crumbly.
Top peaches with half of the crumb topping. Place in oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, then add remainder of the crumb topping. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and bake until golden and bubbling, another 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.

Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.

************************************************************



...is a coool experience for the feet. I was thoroughly involved in the tingle and fresh feel it produces. The cocoa butter, sesame oil and peppermint oil play so well together. My toes thank you:) f you try it, let us know about it.
Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.





*************************************


***************************************************************


*************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes

ANNETTE DUZANT-TASCH (NY)


I was born in Brooklyn, New York, and have lived here all of my life.

1. If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be? Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax? If so, what part of the day? For how long?
Believe it or not, I am most relaxed on my hour and a half subway and bus ride to and from work. Consequently, that is where I usually get inspired. I always keep a note pad and pencil in my purse so I can jot down ideas and sketch.

2. Tell us about QUEENS OF SWEET
Queens of Sweet is a company that I and my long time friend and co-worker George Martino created.
I love the company name. Not only do we make sweets, we also love people and always go out of our way to please our customers. We are sweet and friendly people who love to bake.
When we first started working together as visual merchandisers ten years ago, we acknowledged that our minds were totally in synch. In deciding that we want to work together for ourselves, we thought about baking since we both love pastries.
We bake all kinds of yummy treats. When we started over a year ago, we decided that the Queens of Sweet would be a cookie company. Recently we've gotten quite a few requests for customized cupcakes. I made the first ones for my son's 6th birthday. People thought that they were unique and we've been getting orders ever since. We also create larger customized celebration cakes. People are asking for cakes that look like all sorts of things. We love the challenge.
We still make, and will always make,delicious cookies as well. Cookies make people happy.

3. What new result (s) and/or positive occurrences are you most proud of so far from this?
I'd say I am proud of the fact that we are completely self-taught. We were worried about all the things that we didn't know. So far we've been working with what we do know, and that grows with each project and order. I'm also proud of the positive response that we've gotten from customers, family, friends and co-workers.
4.What early part of your life's journey prompted you to go forth this necessary outlet?
With the economy the way it is now, I am very happy to have a job. So many people are out of work, I am grateful to still be employed. Having said that, I've still always dreamed of working for myself. There is no reason that I should work so hard to realize someone else's dream. I have dreams too. I will be turning 40 next year,
and I believe that this is the time to make a go of it. The older you get the faster the years seem to fly by. I do not want to look back on my life and regret that I didn't give it an actual shot.
I've been noticing that a few people that have been laid off have taken the opportunity to find themselves and start their own businesses. Small business may be what is needed to get the economy back on it's feet.

My mom was a housewife and people would ask her to bake cakes and West Indian desserts for special occasions. She also baked bread every weekend. I always helped her mix, chop, whip and blend. I also had my own set of pans. I made small versions of her baked goods with my own special touches. Those are my favorite memories of her, and of my childhood. The house always smelled of spices. When she wasn't baking she was making mauby or frying Johnny
Cakes, or as everyone else calls them fried bakes. I think she'd be proud to know that I've chosen to bake. I didn't follow her into the pulpit, but at least I followed her into the kitchen.

5. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your day to day activities?
I learn from the purposeful people that I've been blest to meet through the years. By attending the High School of Art & Design and Pratt Institute, I have always been surrounded by all types of artists and I'm still in contact with a lot of those talented folks. I call them to find out what projects they are working on, and that helps to keep me inspired.
I am looking to find more friends who are not just creative but are also great business people. I've been reading books on business, especially marketing. Some of my friends already run their own successful businesses. I try to learn what I can from them even though they are not bakers. Business is business.
Every day at least a half hour is dedicated to seeing what other bakers are doing, and how they are doing it.
6. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?
Baking!!!! I bake and decorate cakes for fun. That's why it's my goal to be able to do it full-time, for myself, with George. Making costume jewelry makes me very happy. It's very therapeutic. I make earrings in my spare time, but I don't have much of that lately. People seem to really like them but they take too much time to make. I might look into making patterns and having them made, but that's a whole other business.
I also enjoy face and body painting. It's fun to transform people into living, breathing art.
I've tried everything that I've wanted to. I'm just working on taking these things to the next level.
7. One thing on my Life List is...Getting my driver's license. I go back and forth with this one. Even riding in the passenger seat is not as carefree as it used to be before I took a few driving lessons.
8. What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world?
My husband and I only have one child. His name is Julian and he keeps us grounded. He is my inspiration. Julian is a busy six year old boy who was diagnosed with pdd-nos(Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Not Otherwise Specified) at 2 years of age. PDD-NOS falls on the autism spectrum. Just like many other children with autism, Julian has a difficult time with all forms of communication. It took months to teach him how to point to objects that he wanted.

I have always worried about what other people thought of me, and would die of embarrassment from the slightest trip walking down the street. I gave too much thought to things that didn't matter. Now I have a son that shows no sign of any physical disorder, who just bursts out laughing or shouts out syllables and starts clapping on a crowded train or walking down the street for seemingly no reason. What can you do? You just smile and love your child. Julian loves to watch me bake, and orders me to "make cookie!".
I encourage everyone to become more aware of autism. With so many cases of autism you are bound to see these children on the playground or wherever exhibiting these idiosyncratic behaviors. It makes it easier for everyone if people understand what's going on. As an infant Julian avoided eye contact. Had I known that lack of eye contact was a sign of autism, I would have had him evaluated much earlier than I did. Early detection and early intervention is key.
Although things can get stressful, Julian is my blessing.
9. What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about your mate at this point in your life?
My husband is a team player, literally. He is an avid soccer player. He is dedicated to his family, our little family, and soccer. He teaches children to play soccer part-time and actually is able to spend more time with Julian than I am at the moment. Being a father of an autistic, energetic and mostly non-verbal son is not easy. Still, Evan is able to be a patient and loving father. Evan finds cool things for us to do. We always make time to be together and go on family outings, even if that outing is just a nature walk in Jamaica Bay. If Evan sees that I am busy with a major order, he'll get Julian dressed and the two of them will go out and spend time in the park or the supermarket. Before leaving he always asks if I'm running low on anything. I love and appreciate Evan. I have his back and he has mine, and we both have Julian's.
10. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?
I'd have to say that would be my mom. She told me to always listen to older people. They have real life experience. I always make time to call older relatives to let them know what's going on with me, and to get their feedback. My mom passed away many years ago, but my older relatives grew up with her and share her values. Through the years they have sometimes disapproved of my seemingly avant-garde lifestyle, but I still value their opinions.
11. What piece of business advice would you like to share?
Listen to your customers and clients. Always make a way for them to give you feedback. Be open to change. As a baker, give samples, samples, and more samples.
I would appreciate tips and advice from other successful professional bakers!!!

12. What is NEXT for you in 2010 and beyond?
Turning my dreams into a reality. Making sure that Julian is able to communicate as much as he can. Doing more to stay healthy, especially working out. Doing my part to maintain a great relationship with my husband. Making Queens of Sweet a truly viable business. We will continue to create edible masterpieces that make peoples' special events even more memorable. Pictures of our goodies can be viewed on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/pages/Queens-of-Sweet/204544563399. You can shoot us an email to request a menu or just say hello at Queensofsweet@gmail.com.
13. Choose 1: Yoga, Free Weights OR Cardio? Free weights
Choose 1: Novel, Biographies, Inspirational Book OR Blog ? Novel
Choose 1: Fresh Fruit, Fruit Smoothie OR Fresh Fruit Juiced?
Fruit Smoothie

14. What word would best describe YOU right now?
Open. Open to all the wonderful opportunities that I'm inviting into my life.

*************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes

OLIVIA S. BALTIMORE (VA/NY)




I’m from Nyack, NY “upstate”. I lived in VA for a year and I’m back in New York. My future endeavor will have me in Pennsylvania.
1.
If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be? Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax? If so, what part of the day? For how long?


“Golden” by Jill Scott pretty much sums up my feeling about life right now. I’m finally realizing my worth and great things have been happening because of it. The only place that I really have time to pray and think is in the shower. It’s my sanctuary. :^)

2. Tell us about THE EMMI AGENCY

Emmi Agency is an event company that focuses on fund-raisers, charities, launches, etc. “Emmi” is a down to Earth, loving and humanitarian socialite. She loves people. Spell it backwards it’s “I’m Me”.

3. What new result (s) and/or positive occurrences are you most proud of so far from this?
There are two incidences that have me extremely excited for the future. One, is my first executed fund-raiser event that I held for Dominican College’s volleyball team in April. The second is making the Philadelphia Passion for the Lingerie Football League. Both prove to me that I can do what I want and I will.
4. What early part of your life's journey prompted you to go forth this necessary outlet?

I’ve always been a people person. Since I was younger, I’ve met individuals who had ties here and there. I didn’t know how to use them though. After being exposed to the industry, I never entirely broke away. Things would happen, but I just keep going. Now I’m here today.

5. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your day to day activities?

My day to day activities include getting everyone where they need to be: family, friends, clients. I’ve become a soccer mom before my time. When I do get a little time to myself, I’m usually brainstorming and writing out a new idea that I’m going to execute. People call me every day to help them with something they’re working on.


6. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?

I’ve reconnected with a lot of people that I grew up with lately. Talking, laughing and building with them is enough for me. I used to be a house mouse. So everything counts. I just love good people. No one knows you better than those who grew up with. I would like to surf!! I need a nice beach with great waves. I will do it!
7. One thing on my Life List is... to open a church or a center where people can come to get encouraged and enlightened about life. A judgment free zone where I can just talk and try to help others is what I’d love to do later.
8. What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world? Two individuals keep me focused, motivated and close to God. My brother, Terrence Baltimore, and my good friend, PANAMA, are THE best. I love them to death.


9. What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about your mate at this point in your life?
I don’t have a mate. When I get one, he’ll be funny and God-fearing.
10. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?
My old hairdresser who became a great friend, Eeinna Brighton-Ackers, told me to always keep a smile, stay bubbly and never talk badly about people. She advised me to curse people out through a smile so people from a distance think you’re always pleasant.
11. What piece of business advice would you like to share?

Keep it real. As cliché as it sounds, be true to your present situation and always strive for more. You’re living for you and at your own pace, you’ll succeed. Smoke in mirrors fades out.

12. What is NEXT for you in 2010 and beyond?

Lingerie Football League!! I made the Philadelphia Passion team. I’ve also got a couple of events in the works right now. I don’t talk much about things anymore. I’d rather just do it.

13. Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel? High Heel
Choose 1: Novel, Biographies, Inspirational Book OR Blog? Inspirational book
Choose 1: Fresh Fruit, Fruit Smoothie OR Fresh Fruit Juiced? Fresh fruit

14. What word would best describe YOU right now? Student


****************************************
*********************************************
*************************************************************************************

BE MY GUEST:


SCHOLARSHIPS.COM



*************************************************************************
*************************************************************************


****************
SHE DID IT!!
****************


********************
HONORS:

ARIE RICH, Finance Management & Lifestyle Blogger
On her networking initiatives and exclusive news/updates

KMPblog.com

*********************
HONORS:

JAMILAH CREEKMUR, Entrepreneur/Author

On her first book recieving raved reviews. Encouraging riveting dialogue across the country. Available online now!



******************************************************

*********************
HONORS:

MIA TUCKER WILLIAMS, Fashion Stylist

On her styling flair taking over the run way

http://www.miatucker.com/


*********************
HONORS:

MAADMOISELLE + KYLA DREAMS = PMS

On their singer/songwriting and modeling endeavors for 2010

Twittr/Maadmoiselle - Twitter.com/KylaDreams

******************************************************


HONORS:
KATY PERRY

on

her Album debuting on Billboard.com at #1


*********************************************


HONORS:
All STUDENTS returning to school for the FALL 2010 Session!
GOOD LUCK! BE GREAT!


*********************

HONORS:


******************************************************

************************************

HONORS:

MUSIC THAT INSPIRES:

******************

*************
**************

****************
*****************

*******************
*****************
************
**************

*****************
**************

************************************

***************************************************************

HONORS:

The NEW BUSINESS OWNERS of Kew Gardens NY and Chicago, Illinois

*****************
HONORS:

The NEW BRIDES of Dallas, Texas

*********************

HONORS:


The NEW MOMS AND DADS of High Point, North Carolina and Palisades, New Jersey

******************************************************************************************************

***HAPPY BIRTHDAY***
Because you were born...Great things were born
Annette Devin-09/02
Andiese Roy-09/02
Carona Jay-09/03
Reese Marciette-09/03
Angie M-09/05
Kimmie styve-09/08
Rachel L-09/10
V Givens- 09/10
Johnna Reese-09/10
Helen J Geer-09/14
Helen Just-09/14
Sherrie McKee-09/15
Happee Geer- 09/21
Shellie Tompson- 09/24
Cilya Jones-09/24
Michel Taylor-09/24
Taylor M-09/25
Fiana D Smith-09/25
Gloria M-09/26



**************************************


To be considered for *A Beautiful Mind*, BE MY GUEST, or SHE DID IT!! Write us at TheFixYaFaceBlogazine@gmail.com


No comments: