Tuesday, September 1, 2009

SEPTEMBER 2009

SEPTEMBER 2009

(click above image to enlarge)


*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************
DAILY INVESTMENT IN "QUALITY LOVE" INSURANCE


Ladies and Gentlemen! May each moment you attempt true happiness, bring results that you consider satisfying in this lifetime. The FixYaFace Inner Beauty/Outer Wellness Blogazine welcomes your return and appreciates the emails, kudos and extended encouragement that you bring. Thank you for feeling as if this space is worthy of your time and that resignates the with the positive energy that you already possess. Motivation can be found in several elements through out our lives. You are truly unique in your presentation and interpretations of a life's purposes. YAAY YOU!!! Hope that you remember that there is nothing wrong with being "YOU". For you are the only person that can apply for that job of being YOU. The performance and execution of your tasks under the title of being YOU, are strictly up to YOU and your chosen faith. To preserve your desired healthy outlook, you can look out for Love. Love is always where YOU believe it is. That belief brings forth a uncontrollable feeling that lights up your whole spirit. Invest in being present in your life and alert. You know it's quality because you feel it. Don't take your mind to the hurtful past. You can not actually ever ever live in the past. So, why invest in emotionally repeating a memory that pauses your joy? Invest your mind, time and your heart in people/places and things that generate that "YOU CAN DO IT. I LOVE HOW YOUR DOING IT. I LOVE YOU. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU" emotion. Doesn't that look great to read? Now turn to your love source and see if just being near them (or the thought of them), makes you feel that way. If not, mooove away lol. If yes, move closer:)

Love yourself, your children, your strengths, your weaknesses, your mate, your ability to taste touch, see and smell.
There is always a 100% return. That return is a feeling of GRATEFULNESS. Here's to greater reasons to knowing we are loved, to knowing that we can give Love and to not worrying about places/spaces where there is no love to get. If you are finding reasons to be grateful today then Love.... is Life and LIFE IS GOOD! I bet you'll smile about it, from the inside first. That is how you have fun, have faith and Fix Ya Face:)



Have a wonderful September! IT'S YOURS! See you soon.

-Marcella Precise


Exercises Of The Month:
1. Drink water
2. Think love, do lovable things
3. Exercise something


********************

IN FYF THIS MONTH:

A BEAUTIFUL MIND welcomes to the interview chairs:

DANA AUSTIN
and
TENNA TORRES

As we prefer to feel Love and give Love abundantly, we may appreciate all opportunities to love again as we awake to a new day, without doubt of our growing purposes. Here's to having purposes in life that bring happiness and leaves us to feel
... ELATED!!
Meet two Energized Lucky Aware Talented Evolving Determined and
beautiful women with positive outlooks that supports their grateful movements of this lifetime.
Please enjoy a glimpse of their journey thus far.

MARCELLA PRECISE'S FAVORITE FIND has a review of great item worth showcasing.

The BE MY GUEST has a informative site noted. As always we applaud efforts of anyone working with positive energy and actions.

SHE DID IT!! is where passionate, sincere and dedicated individuals across the world are honored. Send us an email about 1 you know. SEND US YOUR BIRTH DATE TO POST!


**************************************************************
**************************************************************


SEPTEMBER is

As per Walletpop.com, September is National Coupon Month Month.
Tuesday September 1, 2009

The Powers Of The Peanut




The New Nut Of The Month is the Peanut. They say the cashew aides in minimizing several health issues. With the help of Vitamin E (maintain skin and nail health), folate (health heart promoting), good source of magnese (aims to lower blood pressure and better bone health) and potentially has the ability lower the risk of a stroke. YOU should take inventory of your unique dietary needs to enhance your healthy methods of maintaining that enjoyable life of yours. Small additions can help to subtract the bigger worries.

*******************

Chocolate and Peanut Granola

Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson of FoodTV

Ingredients


  • 1/4 cup best quality cocoa
  • 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup sunflower seeds
  • 3/4 cup white sesame seeds
  • 3/4 cup apple compote or applesauce
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/3 cup brown rice syrup or rice malt syrup
  • 1/4 cup clover honey or other runny honey
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 cups raw peanuts
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil or sunflower oil

Directions:Preheat oven to 310 degrees F.

Mix everything together very well in a large mixing bowl. Spread the mixture evenly in 2 baking tins and bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour, turning over half-way through baking. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.
************************************************************







...is a pretty cool addition to the hot topic of hand soothing.
The softness and scent feels like a min massage to the fingers. To me, the Honey, Almond & Coconut oils plays lovely with the shea butter. Fun tingling times for the hands. If you try it, lets us know about it!

Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.










*************************************

****************************************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes

DANA AUSTIN (NJ/NY)

I was born & raised in New Jersey and currently live in the heart of NYC, but travel often for business & play. Business: Los Angeles, London, Kansas, North Carolina, Manchester - UK.Play: Costa Rica, Paris, Italy, Spain, Prague, Hawaii, Amsterdam, Hampton




1. If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be? Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax? If so, what part of the day? For how long?
All I DO by Stevie Wonder

I have been practicing yoga for 10+ yrs. My practice consists of 5xs/week in the evenings after work and daytime on the weekends– my yoga class begins & ends with meditation, and the middle is filled with hot beatz to keep the asana-flow going. It keeps my body, soul and mind in shape and focused.

2.Tell us about STROKE OF HOPE.
Stroke Of Hope is a non-profit foundation founded by Hazella Rollins-LaVar. Hazella is a woman with an incredible story -- she had a stroke at a relatively young age after giving birth to her daughter. The doctors told her she would never function properly and if you met her today you would never know she had a stroke – her determination and devotion to healing herself transformed her life. Since her own rehabilitation she founded SOH as a foundation for stroke victims and family members to help support and rehabilitate, and speaks nationally spreading her story and helping others -- Luther Vandross was actually one of her clients after he had a stroke. Andrena R. Hale, my business partner & fellow filmmaker, and I approached Hazella about her story and are now Directing/Producing a documentary film on Hazella’s story and how her foundation directly helps those in need.

3. What new result (s) and/or positive occurrences are you most proud of so far pertaining to the filming experience?
My business partner and fellow filmmaker, Andrena R. Hale, are co-hosting a Ladies Power Brunch Benefit with Susan L. Taylor (CARES Mentoring) and Hazella Rollins-LaVar. It is an event held on Saturday October 3rd that is geared to all power females across all industries – we have put our blood, sweat & tears into the creation of this event and are excited about it becoming a reality. The money that is raised will be used to begin the production for the film! And I really love that Andrena and I have become close with Hazella throughout this journey – it’s quite a special relationship.

4. With some of your successful experiences (such as currently being a staff producer at HBO, having worked for Sony Music Ent., studied Communication & Art in college and directed biographies & the Lil Kim trial coverage) allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your day to day activities?

Every day is JAM PACKED! During the day I focus on Pre through Post Production at HBO where I have been a Producer for the past 4+ years. After work and on the weekends I focus on my personal projects that range from building my Production/Management company, developing TV Shows, Documentaries, Music Videos & more, and managing plus-size Wilhelmina Model/Designer/Singer Joanne Borgella who won Monique’s F.A.T. Chance on Oxygen a couple years ago. I also just signed up for an Art class to take me away from the business side of things when I need some down time – whatever I try to do I can’t escape my creative side.

5. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?
Summertime = Surf! I live at the beach during the summer and love spending time with my friends. I also recently picked up Kitesurfing in Cape Hatteras, NC and am hooked - it’s a sport I never ever thought I would enjoy and now I can fly! And I am pretty interested in going up in a hot air balloon – it’s something I’ve never done and think would be a pretty cool experience.

6. One thing on my Life List is that I would love to have a dog and own a home near the beach.

7. What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world?
I am very proud to say my Mom – she is my best friend and unconditional support system.

8. What are 2 qualities would your prefer in your ideal mate at this point in your life?
My ideal man must have his priorities straight and know how to balance work & play -- and without trust you have nothing.

9. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?
My dad – he said take advantage of life while you are young…live your dreams and with no regrets. You know, you will always regret something that you DIDN’T DO, so why not try everything once?

10. What piece of business advice would you like to share?
Don’t be afraid to go after what you want -- if you have a question, ask. If there’s a job you want, go for it. If you have an opportunity, jump on it. Be relentless, professional, passionate and consistent. And ALWAYS follow-through and send a thank you note.

11. What is NEXT for you in 2009 and beyond?
Oh boy, well, of course it’s getting production started on Stroke Of Hope: A Documentary Film – Andrena and I have been working night & day since 2008, so it’s about time to make this film happen!

12. Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel?
No Heel at the beach, High Heel in the city – instantly sexes up any outfit & gets those heads turning!

Choose 1: Fruit Smoothie, Fresh Fruit OR Fresh Fruit Juiced?
Honestly, I am all about fruit, especially when it’s fresh, but I will go with Fruit Smoothie – homemade – because it’s also a quick on-the-go meal!
Put in order of importance: Good Book, Good Food, Good Conversation, Good Sleep
Good Conversation
Good Food
Good Sleep
Good Book

13. What word would best describe you right now?
NUTMEG





*************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes

TENNA TORRES (DC/NY)







I was Born and raised in Jamaica Queens, NY. I still reside there! I lived in Washington DC for a couple of years when I attended Howard University.



1. If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be? Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax? If so, what part of the day? For how long?

Everyday a totally different song is representative of my mood! I guess that makes me "moody" LOL! Today I'm feeling really inspired to "Make It Happen" by Mariah Carey and anything MJ!!! At the moment im listening to a dope DJ MOS mix of MJ masterpieces...("Liberian Girl" was just on repeat lol one of my fave Mike records) still having trouble believing hes not here...


I try to pray all throughout the day...at night, on the train etc. You can talk to God at any given moment and im always tryna get better with it :)


2. Tell us about your wonderful craft. What new result (s) and/or positive occurrences are you most proud of so far?

I am Tenna Torres. I'm a singer/songwriter!!!

I just received my first 2 song placements overseas in Finland!!! It's a great accomplishment for me as a songwriter, I'm excited! :) I've also been doing a lot of shows around the city and getting really great responses and write ups in blogs, it makes me so happy to know that people are enjoying what I'm doing as an artist.


3. What early part of your life's journey prompted you to start?

I knew what I wanted to do by age 5, I was very fortunate. Listening to Mariah, Whitney, Anita , Michael etc on the radio and watching Michael, Janet and Madonna always took me to a magical place when I was a little girl. The power of music was so strong within in me, the feeling i felt when i sang was indescribable...i just knew from the beginning...
I went on to sing in church, elementary school Gospel choir, and went to La Guardia HS ("The Fame School")


4. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your day to day activities?

Most days im in the studio writing and recording and other days im doing shows, having band rehearsal, taking different meetings or regrouping with my management team Radiance Salem/Ian Pollard for CREM Group/Rush Hour Ent!


5. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?

I LOVE the beach! I'm a Pisces, so naturally i gravitate towards the water, I'm a total fish!!! I love the sound of the ocean, the sun, the sky and the sand. That is the element where i feel most at home! It's summer time so I'm obsessed with the beach and roller coasters!!! I've always wanted to sky dive ha ha most of my friends think I'm crazy, but I'm going do it one day!



6. One thing on my Life List is to win a Grammy


7. What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world?

My mom has supported my dream from the very beginning so when i feel discouraged she reminds me to continue to have "tunnel vision" because I am "destined"!

My two best friends are always there for my late night calls lol they remind that I'm reaching for greatness so it's not going to be easy and to just hold on.


8. What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about your mate at this point in your life?

LOL!!! Mate? Umm, I don't have one of those. I have no time for boys and the heartache they bring...I'm focused! POW. Hahahaha


9. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?

"Put it in Gods hands"- my great-grandmama Estelle Scott :)


10. What piece of business advice would you like to share?

"Don't burn bridges, there are sharks in the water" Kel Spencer


11. What is NEXT for you in 2009 and beyond?

Mission:
Continue to create music that comes straight from my heart
Sign with a label that sees the vision

Take over the airwaves!!!



12. Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel?
Choose 1: Fruit Smoothie, Fresh Fruit Juice or Fresh Fruit Whole?
Choose 1: Green Tea, Carrot Juice, Bottled Water?
If it ain't High, it ain't right!! The higher the heel, the better :)
Fruit smoothie (Jamba Juice!!!)
Green Tea


13. What word would best describe you right now?

TENACIOUS T is what they call me lol




****************************************
*********************************************
*************************************************************************************

BE MY GUEST:


SCHOLARSHIPS.COM



*************************************************************************
*************************************************************************

****************
SHE DID IT!!
****************
HONORS:

DEIDRE CASH


On Her Company's 2010 Holy Land Tour. Noted as "to be a great experience. It's 12 days in Israel/Jordan. Go to WWW.CASTYOURNETTRAVEL.com and click on the Holy Land Tour button in the middle of the page. "



*********************************************


HONORS:

Coko Clemons
on her latest 07-14-09
Gospel Album Release



*****************

HONORS New Music


*********************


HONORS:


On her live performance at The Delancey
NYC
Friday SEPTEMBER 4th, 2009.


*********************

HONORS:

All Seniors returning to school for the Fall/Winter 2009 Session!


*********************



HONORS:

SHANA JACKSON owner/designer of
The "CollectHer" Designs & Boutique


Anasha1@gmail.com


*********************


HONORS:


RACHEL CRICK


On her extraordinary photography company/site:

AlainnPhotography.com


*******************


HONORS:

CARMEN NC,
Writer/Sisterlock Hair Artist




On her creative techniques for natural hair, coming out of North Carolina

tomokastwists.com


************************************************


HONORS:

Entrepreneur and Corp. Rep, SHALENA BRATCHER


On her highly recommended online self-service portal, travel agency. Timeless Tales Travel
TimeTalesTravel@gmail.com

**************************
HONORS:

The NEW BUSINESS OWNERS of Las Vegas, Nevada and Oakland, California


*********************

HONORS:


The NEW MOMS AND DADS of Fort Worth, Texas and Boston, Massachusetts


******************************************************************************************************
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY*****Because you were born...Great things were born
Annette D-09/02
Andiese R-09/02
Carona J-09/03
Reese M-09/03
Angie M-09/05
Kimmie S-09/08
Rachel L-09/10
V Givens- 09/10
Johnna R-09/10
Helen J G-09/14
H Just-09/14
Sherrie McKee-09/15
H Geer- 09/21
Shellie T- 09/24
Cilya J-09/24
Michel T-09/24
Taylor M-09/25
Fiana D S-09/25
Gloria M-09/26







To be considered for *A Beautiful Mind*, BE MY GUEST, or SHE DID IT!! Write us at TheFixYaFaceBlogazine@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtfull post on wellness. It should be very much helpfull


Thanks,
Karim - Creating Power