Wednesday, July 1, 2009

JULY 2009
(click above image to enlarge)


*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************
THE LEARNING EXCITEMENT!!

Hi There Ladies and Gentlemen! May your days always bring you the moments that make great memories and a reasons to go on! The FixYaFace Inner Beauty/Outer Wellness Blogazine is honored to have been chosen by you as a place worthy of your glance. New viewers and "Frequent Tryers"are welcome. Here's to a chain of positive energy continuing to grow with stronger made links everyday. For that FYF thank's you. FYF has new interviews, new birthdays to announce, a new nut section and new words of encouragement.

Here's to loving, receiving love and learning. Learning beyond your wildest dreams different ways to have loving experiences flow in your world. Whether it's your love for longer walks, a better relationship or a enhanced professional skill. The most you have to do is to learn ways to get the event started.

Let's keep an open mind and grasp fresh ideas within the goals we already started. As long as we're learning, we're growing our world. Stopping may lead to stail information, demise and less consideration for anyone's growth. The learners also teach. They are excited to teach, excited to share in concepts greater than themselves. Let's continue to bring our healthy exchange of ideas to the table. Open minds in our lifetime have brought us from VCR to TIVO, from interoffice computers to the internet, from wood to paper, from paper planes to airplanes, from camcorders to cameras in our phones. Someone who eats and sleeps just like you came up with these life enhancing elements. YOU are incredible and worthy! YOU are strong and growing! YOU are will to learn what you do not know yet and just as willing to pass it all to the next generation- just by being you. Everyday you wake up is a exciting chance for you to make a difference one thought at a time. Let's cherish that chance and connect with others that are excietd about it as well!


S
mile inside first when challenges outside in the world arise. Smiling inside is destined to show on your actions, outlook and on your facial expressions. So by all means-have fun! Have faith! And FIX YA FACE!

Have a wonderful July! IT'S YOURS! See you soon.

-Marcella Precise


Exercises Of The Month:
1. Drink water
2. Eat good foods with great vitamins
3. Forgive those who...


********************

IN FYF THIS MONTH:

A BEAUTIFUL MIND welcomes to the interview chairs:

REGINA JONES
and
TAWNIA L. RAMIREZ

As we preserve our happiness with new methods and new hope, we take actions based on faith of self AND a higher power. Those actions express our determination, passion, wisdom and vulnerability. All leading to a feeling that everything new/good/great starts your personal... GRATEFUL!!
Meet two Gracious Remarkable Alert Thoughtful Energetic Fearless
Useful and beautiful women with positive outlooks that supports their grateful movements of this lifetime.
Please enjoy a glimpse of their journey thus far.

MARCELLA PRECISE'S FAVORITE FIND has a review of great item worth showcasing.

The BE MY GUEST has information about the great things the youth are doing. As always we applaud efforts of anyone working with positive energy and actions.

SHE DID IT!! is where passionate, sincere and dedicated individuals across the world are honored. Send us an email about 1 you know. SEND US YOUR BIRTH DATE TO POST!


**************************************************************
**************************************************************


JULY is

As per Idfa.org, "the International Ice Cream Association (IICA) encourages retailers and consumers to celebrate July as National Ice Cream Month. In 2009, National Ice Cream Day will be Sunday, July 19."
Wednesday July 1, 2009

The Wonders Of Walnut


The New Veggie Of The Month is the walnut. The walnut's nutrients can lead to better heart health. The walnut contains, but not limited to, Omega 3 (promotes the reduction of chronic diseases), good source of magnese (aims to lower blood pressure) and copper ( maintain skin and nail health). YOU should take inventory of your unique dietary needs to enhance your healthy methods of maintaining that enjoyable life of yours. Small additions can help to subtract the bigger worries.
*******************


Walnuts in the Mix:Cranberries, Papaya, Cashews, Almonds and Walnuts
I carry a mixture of dried fruits/nuts as a accessible snack.


(Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.)


************************************************************



...is right on time for your calming needs. The Jujube date, they say, is what created a soothing effect worth shouting about. But the cocoa butter, milk protein and organic camomile water are campaigning too as the agents leading to this relaxation retreat. Do your nighttime experience a favor and let your pillow decide in the morning. If you try, lets us know about it!

Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.






*************************************

****************************************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes

REGINA JONES (NY/DC)


I have resided in New York City for most of my life, living for a short period of time in Washington, DC
1. If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?

Wow! This is a hard question to answer, as vibrational energies change and there are so many songs that may represent my vibe at a particular time or junction in my life’s journey. But the one song that I usually come back to is “Live” by Lenny Kravitz. It probably represents me best. I like to listen to it in the morning to get energized to accomplish the day’s tasks. The song also embodies my belief that we should live in the present—a lesson that I have learned in part from reading one of my favorite authors. Thich Nhat Hanh writes, “Life can be found only in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life.”
Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax? Yes, I do. I am a strong believer in meditation and prayer. My daily practice includes either a sitting meditation at home or a walking meditation. If the weather is warm, I like to take a scroll in my neighborhood to enjoy nature and it gives me the opportunity to smile at strangers and perhaps influence their day in some small way towards positive interaction with others. If so, what part of the day? I tend to start my day with meditation and end it with prayer. However, I am flexible and do not always stick to this routine. Sometimes I will pause in the middle of my workday (especially if I’m having one of “those days”) to clear my head and refocus my energy towards positive action. Meditation and prayer helps me to stay calm, organized, and diligent. For how long? I spend two hours in meditation and/or prayer daily.

2. Tell us about HURECO MAVERICK, INC.


Hureco Maverick, Inc. is my pride and joy. We are a New York City-based Human Resource Consultancy firm, serving the recruiting, training, and small business HR needs of clients nationally. Our core values are an extension of my personal values, and I believe they are the keys to successful business practices. I want Hureco Maverick, Inc. consultants to be candid, flexible, diligent, ethical, smart, and passionate. Our recruiting services include creating Recruitment Plans, Full-Cycle Recruiting, Interim Staffing, and Permanent Placements. Our training services include Customized Training Programs, a proprietary Leadership Training Series, and HR Training Workshops. We offer many Small Business HR solutions, including a dial-in HR expert advice line, called Ask A Maverick ™. We also offer our small business clients Compensation Benchmarking, Policy Development and Documentation, Workers’ Compensation Insurance, New Hire Reporting, Payroll Processing, Employee Health Benefits, 401 (k)/Retirement Plans, and Human Resource Audits services.


3. Since it's creation, what new result(s) and/or positive occurrences are you most proud of so far?


I am proud to have helped many people find a position/job that gives them the opportunity to follow their bliss and earn a good living in the process. I have been pleased with the steadily increasing number of subscribers to my company’s online newsletter. I am thrilled to have authored a Leadership Training Series, which has aided many corporations and employees to further hone their leadership skills. I have been privileged to be able to help so many small business owners and entrepreneurs set up and maintain a successful HR practice, which has saved them, literally, hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years. I am also proud of my company’s volunteer work with Upwardly Global, where I serve as a Volunteer Resume Developer and Mock Interviewer. In my work with Upwardly Global, I help highly skilled immigrants, refugees, and asylees to reclaim their careers in the United States. And this spring, in response to the large number of unemployed Americas, Hureco Maverick, Inc. has been offering free resume and cover letter writing workshops.


4. What early part of your life's journey prompted you to create this as such a necessary outlet?


My very first job was with Robert Smith Advertising, which was a small business at the time, where I worked with the owner. I had the chance to see the inner workings of a small business operation and to personally get to know an entrepreneur while still in my teen years. This job and my interaction with an entrepreneur set the stage for my desire to become my own boss. It was not until many years later that I discovered what business I wished to create and develop. Starting a Human Resource Consultancy became my dream after years of being the “go to” with concern to a broad range of HR topics, while working in other executive management capacities. Robert Smith Advertising put the fire in my belly, and being the “go to” for HR direction gave me my direction.


5. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your day to day activities?


I read many different types of daily blogs on the internet and I like to comment on what I have read and include my email address in my comments. This has allowed me to meet many purposeful, like-minded individuals. Several have become my clients, vendors and/or personal friends. Some of my other day to day activities that allow me to connect with others is jogging in my neighborhood and local park, talking to strangers on the subway, being a member of Toastmasters International, attending HR conferences and similar networking events, conducting seminars, and chatting with friends and strangers on social networking web sites.


6. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?


I read a lot and I consider this fun. I like to read business biographies to see what other business owners have learned in their journey. I get lots of valuable information on leadership, branding and am inspired by the tenacity of those who came before me. I also like to be involved in any outdoor sports, from group sports like volleyball to individual performance sports like snow boarding and anything in between. Sounds corny, but I would like to learn/try knitting. I hear that it is very relaxing. And I would also very much like to go skydiving. I am a peaceful risk-taker!


7. One thing on my Life List is that...I must publish a book! I am unsure if I will publish my volumes of poetry, two manuscripts of fiction or if I will try my hand at writing a business book. Being able to accomplish all three publishing feats would please me most.


8. What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world?


I am realistic, mentally and emotionally grounded with some understanding that as much as the world changes there are natural and spiritual laws that remain consistent. Life requires polarity. And this keeps me hopeful to know that in difficult times that there will be a “flow” to match my “ebb.” Life requires an input in order to receive an output. And this keeps me joyful to know that what I sow, I will reap. Therefore, I sow hard work and good deeds. Life requires right knowledge and right action. And this keeps me not just gleefully learning, but also reminds me to follow through with my actions. These are a few examples of some of the natural and spiritual laws that I subscribe to that keep me well grounded and unwavering from my core values and goals.


9. What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect in a mate at this point in your life?


You want me to just pick two? Let’s see if that can be done. I choose Emotional Intelligence and a Sense of Humor.


10. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?


My favorite teacher in high school, Mr. Jack Cohen, delivered my graduating class’ commencement speech and gave us a kernel of advice that has stayed with me through the years. At the time Mr. Cohen’s wife had been diagnosed with cancer and his hope for her survival and his admiration of her fight had and continues to inspire me. Mr. Cohen said, and I am paraphrasing: “…that every challenge in life can be overcome…to always fight…for what you believe in, to fight for what is right, to fight even when it looks as if there is no way to win...to never give up on hope and possibility and to never lose your fighting spirit.” Mr. Cohen’s message many years ago has encouraged me in my personal life and in my business pursuits. This simple message that may sound like a cliché has great value to me and I think about it often when I’m faced with seemingly insurmountable challenges. A friend gave me a great gift several years ago—an ID bracelet engraved with the word “FIGHTER.” It reminds me of who I am and what I can accomplish.


11. What piece of business advice would you like to share?
Be authentic. 12. What is NEXT for you in 2009 and beyond?

Hmmm…let’s see. I will finish The New York Times crossword puzzles by Will Shortz without assistance. It is in the cards for 2009! I will be hiring a publicist/marketer to assist with growing my brand recognition. I will surpass my 229 books read in 2007. (I’d rather not mention the number of books read in 2008. Suffice it to say I did not make my quota.) I will continue to train for a future New York City Marathon. I will work hard to make my Consultants and Account Manager happy, so they will never leave my employment. I will grow my business using innovative strategies, including the creation of a web commercial that is due for viewing on YouTube™ in the near future. I will continue to enjoy meeting new people, learning new things and will actively seek out opportunities to grow as an individual, business owner, friend, sister and daughter.


13. Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel?
High Heel Choose 1: Cookies n Cream, Butter Pecan OR Strawberry? Turtle Mountain’s Organic So Delicious™ Butter Pecan. Yum! Choose 1: Green Tea, Carrot Juice, Bottled Water? Green Tea

14. What word would best describe you right now?

HOPEFUL


*************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes

TAWNIA L. RAMIREZ (VA/NY)





I've always lived on the east coast. I was born in Brooklyn, New York and moved to Virginia when I was five. From that point, I spent my school year in Virginia and New York in the summer. I still live in Virginia.

1. If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be? Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax?

If so, what part of the day? For how long? Currently the song that best reflects my vibe is Kingdom Business by Canton Jones. It reminds me that nothing is as important or compares to what we do for the Kingdom of God. Yes, I pray daily. I try to be in a constant state of prayer throughout my day by speaking to the Lord or meditating on a scripture.


2. Tell us about the novel, SOMETHING MORE THAN THIS
Something More Than This is my debut novel and was published by Tate Publishing and Enterprises. Like most people, the main character, Janaye Perkins, has reached a level of success and comfort in her life only to realize that she is still unhappy. A bad day that got progressively worse helped her come to this conclusion. The story covers her journey as she searches to find something more than this.

3. Since it's creation, what new result (s) and/or positive occurrences are you most proud of so far?
I was recently named Best New Christian Author, 2009 by Christianstoryteller.com. That was a great feeling because it was awarded by other authors; however, I am happiest when I hear from people and they share how the book impacted them, or which character they saw themselves in, and most of all how the book has made them start or reconnect with the Lord. That's the best because it's kingdom business.

4. What early part of your life's journey prompted you to create this as such a necessary outlet?
From an early age my mom encouraged me and always told me I was creative, pretty, and I could do anything me. She indulged me as I went through various phases from making clothes, attempting to be a comedienne, putting on shows, and creative writing. I also became an avid reader because of her love of reading.


5. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people
, what are some of your day to day activities?
Presently I am still employed full-time, my novel was released December of last year, I am married with three children ranging in age from 17 to 4. So my days are very busy. I feel like I have three jobs sometimes! Daily I am doing something around my writing. I've become so busy that I've had to get a Service Coordinator and a Personal Assistant to help me manage things. I am also writing my second novel. My calendar has been full with book events and speaking engagements. I am taking the month of July off so I can rest. I look forward to focusing on the writing aspect of my life full time.
6. What do you do for fun? What new thing would you like to try?
I am a homebody. So I'm always cool just chillin' at home, in my room by myself. I really enjoy solitude and my quiet time. With that being said, I also enjoy listening to music, having friends come over for dinner, and playing board games for fun. My family and I are Yahtzee and Phase 10 junkies. I recently started playing dominoes again.


7. One thing on my Life List is...hmmm, let me think. Writing a book was really my major one, but I'd have to say travel more. I've never been to Europe so that's next on my list. I really want to go to England. I'm a royal watcher.
8. What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world?
Definitely my faith and family. My life could have turned out very differently had I not found Jesus and developed a relationship with him. I don't even want to think of where I might be right now. My family, specifically in my household, we are really honest so it doesn't benefit anyone to be sensitive. Everyone has jokes and won't hesitate saying something's not right. Plus, as long as I have cousins who think it's funny to post our childhood pictures on facebook for all the world to see, I have no choice but to be grounded.

9. What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about your mate at this point in your life?
My husband is wonderful! I am grateful that he loves God more than me. His relationship with God teaches him to be a good husband to me. He also esteems and respects me as his wife, which makes it easy for me to treat him the same.
10. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it?

My husband. "You're ready". Anytime I've had a challenge and opportunity in my life he's told me this.


11. What piece of business advice would you like to share?
Definitely if God has placed a dream or desire in your heart, don't be fearful and go for it! He's already equipped you with what you need to accomplish it.

12. What is NEXT for you in 2009 and beyond?
Finishing my next novel this year . Beyond that? Writing as a full-time profession.


13. Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel? High heels of course. At least three inches.Choose 1: Cookies n Cream, Butter Pecan OR Strawberry? Cookies 'n' Cream--anything with chocolate
Choose 1: Green Tea, Carrot Juice, Bottled Water? Bottled water

14. What word would best describe you right now?


BLESSED!

*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************

BE MY GUEST:

NAACP Proudly Announces 30th Anniversary ACT-SO Medalists

Talented young people from a wide array of disciplines took their place in history recently by being recognized as national winners in the NAACP ACT-SO competitions.
To learn more and to support the youth of today's efforts, please visit:
http://www.naacp.org/youth/act-so/


*************************************************************************
*************************************************************************

****************
SHE DID IT!!
****************

********************

HONORS:

Coko Clemons
on her latest 07-14-09
Gospel Album Release




*****************

HONORS:


For entering the final semester towards her
Juris Doctorate Law degree with a 2009 graduation from
Hofstra Law School in her future.


*********************


HONORS:

Entrepreneur/DJ,
Catherine Ouellette AKA DJ SYNCITY


On having another great profession year as a international DJ in

Hollywood, Florida, New York City, Toronto, and Switzerland



*********************

HONORS:

All 2009 Summer Session Graduates!


*********************



HONORS:

RENEE J. ROSS,
Mommy Entrepreneur/HBCU Graduate



On her unique Diaper Cakes creations company founded in Georgia,
that has taken off nation wide.


*********************


HONORS:




www.weenonline.org
for all of the latest updates on health, fashion, politics, entertainment, and empowering WEEN events we have in store for you in 2009! Log on to www.blogtalkradio.com/WEENRadio to listen. Connect by calling the Pink line: 646-649-1172

*********************


HONORS:

CARMEN NC,
Writer/Sisterlock Hair Artist




On her creative techniques for natural hair, coming out of North Carolina

tomokastwists.com

*********************


HONORS:

Entrepreneur and Corp. Rep, SHALENA BRATCHER


On her highly recommended online self-service portal, travel agency. Timeless Tales Travel
TimeTalesTravel@gmail.com


*********************

HONORS:

BETHANY BUTLER,
Yoga Instructor/TV & Film Actress






On her offering of private and/or group instruction in the Iyengar and Ashtanga style of Yoga. Her vision is to share with her students"the discipline of proper alignment, consciousness, and compassion towards self in this art of moving mediation."


BethanyButler.com

*********************

HONORS:

The New Business Owners of Staten Island, New York and Apex, North Carolina

******************************************************************************************************
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY*****
Because you were born...Great things were born


G Lyer-7/04
D Cash-7/08
Charlene T-7/10
Rosalind G-7/10
Shakera B- 7/13
Jewel W- 7/21
Naima S-7/22
Pamela W- 7/22
N Frankle-7/28
Sarah KL Jones-7/28
I Kanns-Younge-7/29
Demitra Owenns-7/29
S Roy-7/29
M Gomez-7/29
Delma Chase-Luden- 7/30
M L Frankle-7/30
P Taylor-7/30






To be considered for *A Beautiful Mind*, BE MY GUEST, or SHE DID IT!! Write us at TheFixYaFaceBlogazine@gmail.com

No comments: