Friday, May 1, 2009

MAY 2009



MAY 2009
(click above image to enlarge)

*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************
TRADITIONS OF LOVE

Hi there Ladies and Gentlemen. Thank you for choosing top view The FixYaFace Inner Beauty/Outer Wellness Blogazine this month. I hope the newcomers become Frequent Tryers and feel good about returning here from time to time. May we always find reasons to grow, focus and to believe in the goodness of self, as well our surroundings. We are always in state of learning. Whether it's passive or direct, something new will come forth from a situtation. As we interpret the use of "the New", we create it's importance to our particular journey. If we love "The New", we tend to repeat it in our daily lives. That is loosely the birth of traditions. Customs, beliefs, taboos, thoughts, etc. Acknowledge your strength in learning by setting your own new traditions up this month. It only takes one good time and a great end result for idea to get going. Be it have Sunday dinner as a family, doing aclothing drive evry spring, wear your favorite color to all job interviews that were successful or enjoying a 2mile jog at 6am with a friend. It is a movement that enhances your perspective in this lifetime and you look forward to it repeating. So much so, that you actually connect with others with teh same idea. And there you have it!! You have transitioned into a Tradition. A tradition that YOU are proud of and happy to see it grow. Tell a friend to tell a friend and smile about it!
It's destined to show on your actions, outlook and on your facial expressions. So by all means-have fun! Have faith! And FIX YA FACE!

Have a wonderful May! YOU deserve it!!
Happy birthday Taurus and Gemini!

-Marcella Precise


Exercises Of The Month:
1. Think thoughts that support what you want to feel
2.
Use your juicer. Drink your vegetables and fruits if you like.
3. Exercise your right to live by doing your exercises.


********************

IN FYF THIS MONTH:

A BEAUTIFUL MIND welcomes to the interview chairs:

THEMBISA S. MSHAKA
and
MICHELLE LYNN BELL

As we expect only to do our best and make the best choices for the circumstance. We can offer a open mind, open ear and open conversations that may lead to the closure we crave. Even challenging times we can prepare. For it will all get better soon, this preparation presents a feeling of ... READY!!
Meet two
Resilient Energetic Awesome Determined Young beautiful women feeling exhilarated and confident in this lifetime. Please enjoy a glimpse of their journey thus far.

MARCELLA PRECISE'S FAVORITE FIND has a review of great item worth showcasing.

The BE MY GUEST is on REPEAT. Rolling out red carpet to all FYF viewers this month...Your thoughts, movements and just being you-have had an impact on so many lives. Our lives are getting better everyday because we believe it is! Thank you for always sharing your great energy, you are appreciated. Spring's is here and I'm excited! (As u know I'm always excited). Take glance at a thoughts from the hearts of great people who are maneuvering in their world with hope, joy and appreciation. AND they find time to wish that for others as well, in a few notes entitled "DEAR SPRING". See you in the Summer.



SHE DID IT!! is where passionate, sincere and dedicated individuals across the world are honored. Send us an email about 1 you know. SEND US YOUR BIRTH DATE TO POST!


**************************************************************
**************************************************************


MAY is

Bike Month, as per BikeMonthNYC.org
Friday MAY 1, 2009
Dazzling Raspberry


The New Fruit Of The Month is the Raspberry. The raspberry contains, but not limited to, Dietary Fiber (aids in the digestive system's functions), good source of Vitamin B2 (body's cell functions & metabolism) and Niacin ( may lower cholesterol). YOU should take inventory of your unique dietary needs to enhance your healthy methods of maintaining that enjoyable life of yours. Small additions can help to subtract the bigger worries.
*******************

Berry Iced Tea

Recipe courtesy FoodTV, Sandra Lee, 2007
Show: Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee Episode: Rose Garden









*************************************************

***********



Shea Butter, Hand & Body Butter by SALLY HANSEN







...is nice for your mind/spirit/body. The soothing scent will have you engulped in the 'soft to touch' skin experience. With ingredient (not limited to) like aloe shea butter, jojoba oil and grape seed, you can't help but enjoy something that protects and soothes.
If you try it, lets us know about it!

Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.



*************************************

****************************************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes

THEMBISA S. MSHAKA (CA/NY)


I've lived in California (where I was born and raised), Pennsylvania (spent summers in Philadelphia), Georgia (as an exchange student at Spelman College). I also lived in Turkey for three months as a cultural exchange student with the American Field Service (AFS) in 1987. It was thrilling to live abroad at 15. I still keep in touch with my host family via Facebook! I currently live in New York City.


1. If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be? I would never think I could narrow my vibe to one song, but since you asked, I'd have to choose Teena Marie's "Square Biz" with 2Pac's "Ambitionz Az A Ridah" right behind it. Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax? Yes, as a Muslim I sometimes feel like I'm in some measure of a prayerful state; so many of our phrases have 'Allah' ('God' in Arabic) in them. I also meditate, but need to be more consistent with it. I just started running, and I find it to be very meditative!


2. Tell us about SEEIT Live, Inc. This is a company I co-founded with my husband in 1994. It is a creative production company. It provides writing, casting, voice over, music supervision services. My latest production was the commercial I wrote and produced for the book at PutYourDreamsFirst.com

3. Since its creation, what new result (s) and/or positive occurrences are you most proud of so far? I am most proud of Put Your Dreams First. Hands down. It took seven years to complete and there were times when I never thought it would get done, or like maybe I had taken on too big a project.

4.What early part of your life's journey prompted you to create this as such a necessary outlet?
By 'this' do you mean the book? If so I would say my all-female education from 8th grade (Westridge School) through undergraduate (Mills College). I experienced women as highly focused, intelligent and collaborative. This cemented my desire to share that experience by uplifting and advocating for women with everything I do.

5. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people (such as 50 Cent, Vanessa Williams and Mathew Knowles), what are some of your day to day activities? As a creative whose job it is to come up with and nurture ideas, my day-to-day activities range from writing scripts to supervising voice-over sessions, formulating marketing campaigns. Occasionally I'll get to direct someone like Jamie Foxx, Alicia Keys, Nelly or Mo'Nique on a shoot, icing on the proverbial cake.

6. What do you do for fun? Travel, see movies and plays. Amusement parks--I am a roller coaster junkie. I am really into the Wii Sports; I play with the family. What new fun thing would you like to try? Race car driving!

7. One thing on my Life List is...WOW, this a uncanny. My husband and I make life lists every 6 months or so. I'd like to visit the Pyramids, The Serengeti, and the island of Goree' with my family. I've been to Africa, but not nearly for as long or to all the places I'd like.

8. What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world? The grace and mercy of The Creator. The friends I made before I became a player in the entertainment business.

9. What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about your mate at this point in your life? Integrity and commitment. My husband of twelve years is faithful to me and is a brilliant, caring father to our son.

10. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it? This advice was so simple, and so good, that I share it in the book. It came from a dear friend of mine named Jason Ricks, former music promoter and now entrepreneur/golfer. He told me that it was okay to cry in work settings, just do it privately because no matter who sees it, it will be misinterpreted.
11. What piece of business advice would you like to share? Buy this book. It has more advice in it than even I anticipated revealing. I'm finding that women who I perceive as masters in their field are telling me they learned something new. That's a huge, humbling compliment.


12. What is NEXT for you in 2009 and beyond? I am touring the West Coast in late April and early May; I'll be promoting the book when and wherever I can. My appearances and tour dates are at http://www.putyourdreamsfirst.com. I'm also going to keep blogging at http://www.thembisamshaka.com.

13. Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel? No heel! Flip-flops rock.

Choose 1: Yoga, Cardio, Light Weights? Yoga.
Choose 1: Green Tea, Carrot Juice, Bottled Water? Bottled Water w/lemon.

14. What word would best describes you right now? EXHILARATED!

















*************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes

MICHELLE LYNN BELL (OH/NJ)


Grew up in Ohio, lived in California now based in NY. I love Stockholm, feels special there, I could live in London for a while, Italy is amazing love the food culture and shopping, Paris is one of the sexiest cities in the world and don't sleep on Toronto:)


1. If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be? Stevie Wonder "You Got It Bad Girl", the chords are moody and sweetly uncommon yet they feel so predictable. Do you meditate, pray or/and take time to mentally relax? If so, what part of the day? For how long? I meditate and Pray at different times throughout the day. Pretty much all day I'm talking to god. i try to stay in the habit of being thankful so i'm not always just asking. I also don't listen to music in the car when I'm alone and I like the tv off when I first get home. Silence is golden.

2. Tell us about your company. I sing write and produce songs. I write with various producers and artist. I'm also apart of a production duo, LYNN & WADE LLP. My partner Peter "Wade" Keusch and I met in 2004. We have a great chemistry, we make each other better, we also couldn't be more different.


3. Since it's creation, what new result (s) and/or positive occurrences are you most proud of so far? The music, i love being given the treasure and opportunity to turn something that i love into an income generating business.


4.What early part of your life's journey prompted you to create this as such a necessary outlet? My family was very creative and encouraged music. i tried pretty much every instrument. Church was a big component in my learning music, I could hear the difference in techniques and styles with different choirs. a good place to learn harmony. As a teenager writing became my outlet and my way of hoping and dreaming.

5. With some of your successful experiences allowing you to connect with other purposeful people, what are some of your day to day activities? It varies from day to day. I try to stay in the studio or collaborate with others. I like to have a set schedule and routine in my week but it changes based on projects.


6. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try? I'm big on relaxing, i love to paint and have paint parties where everyone paints on one canvas. Add music and sangria and it's a creative fiesta. I'd like to learn a new language fluently.


7. One thing on my Life List is... I'd like to have a family, 3 or more kids at some point.


8. What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world? My past, my family and my friends. I try to remember mistakes and learn from them.


9. What are 2 qualities that you prefer and respect about your mate at this point in your life? I respect the power of love and all that comes with, I prefer to live in NJ.


10. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice early on and what was it? "Start off how your gonna be"...mom


11. What piece of business advice would you like to share? Practice good business measures, research and reach out. be kind to everyone and handle problems diplomatically. Don't give up.

12. What is NEXT for you in 2009 and beyond? I can't wait to see!!!


13. Choose 1: High Heel, Low Heel OR No Heel? High
Choose 1: Chocolate, Butter Pecan OR Strawberry? Chocolate
Choose 1: Green Tea, Carrot Juice, Bottled Water? Water

14. What word would best describes you right now? CONFIDENT



**********************************************************************************



*************************************************************************************

BE MY GUEST: MAY 2009



Dear Spring

Thank you for
reminding me to refresh, renew and release I am successfully sticking to valuing my worth I plan to seize the season by taking risks and being fearlessI'm excited to take my Yoga teaching and Health Counseling to new levels I'm excited about "you", so can you send that blessing/excitement to Janelle Pitterson She is encouraging, motivating, empowering and humble I'm smiling because everyday I learn something new - about myself and the world - and it's great!
Sincerely, Bhairavi Andrea Downes

**********************************************************************************


Dear Spring;
Thank you for your sunshine. It has brightened so many of my days. I am successfully sticking to maintaining a positive attitude and making my dreams come true. I plan to seize the season by giving to others that deserve it. I'm excited to even be alive right now! I'm excited about "you", so can you send that blessing/excitement to Jasmine. She is an amazing supporter and an even better friend. I'm smiling because today, like yesterday and tomorrow is GREAT! Sincerely, Brittany
ClumpsOfMascara.com

**********************************************************************************


Dear Spring:

Thank you for the blessings that life has to offer and all the precious moments
I am successfully sticking to getting sooooo organized
I plan to enjoy life with positive people every day
I'm excited to be alive and have those close to me alive
I'm excited about "you", so can you send that blessing/excitement to the Next Precious Moment
She is blessed and bright
Sincerely;
Ekiuwa Asemota

**********************************************************************************


Dear Spring;

Thank you for ushering out the snow so I can run in my neighborhood park
I am successfully sticking to all things important like drinking more water
I plan to fly my favorite neices down to visit me asap
I'm excited to make a list, check it twice and live everyday with Christmas eve excitement
I'm excited about "you", so can you send that blessing/excitement to everyone reading this
I am smiling I had a horrible 2008, glancing blogs like this keep me upbeat, determined and I actually see results. Sweet!!
Sincerely;
Hadesta
**********************************************************************************


Dear Spring;

Thank you for finally being here when we finally sold the house
I am successfully sticking to writing my book
I plan to move to texas before you are over
I'm excited to feel good and worry less
I'm excited about "you", so can you send that blessing/excitement to Devonna L.P.
She is a something else. lol. A wonderful friend and sisterI am smiling because I came along way but hey lots more to do...
Sincerely;
KylaH
**********************************************************************************


Dear Spring;

Thank you for more work in my career and returning with beautiful flowers
I am successfully sticking to my jogging plan
I plan to seize the season by donating more clothing to charity and have barbeques
I'm excited to feel good about life everyday and to be able to take my mommy to places that keep her smiling!
I'm excited about "you", so can you send that blessing/excitement to Leisha G
She/He is a great friend in ATL, a true survivor, a great mom to 3 girls and the best Maid of Honor I ever had
I'm smiling because great occurences are in the works for me right now and all those I love
Sincerely, Marcella Precise

**********************************************************************************

Dear Spring;

I'm always excited to see you again, it marks the beginning of a new year for me as my birthday is in April and I love the rain that will bring May flowers.

Thank you for your warmth and sincerity.
I am successfully sticking to my plan to be like a pig and not look back. (pigs can't look back)
I plan to seize the season by appreciating all that God has blessed me with, the sun rays shining through my window, the warm breeze, the gentle quiet of my pleasant NJ neighborhood.
I'm excited for every moment, anything can happen at anytime and it's all working together for my good.
I'm excited about "you", so can you send that blessing/excitement to Andrena Hale and Shayla Tindell,
two strong lovely friends who will welcome in spring with remnants of winters sadness. I hope the warmth will soothe both their hearts.
I'm smiling because I'm blessed.
Sincerely,
Michelle Lynn Bell ********************


**********************************************************************************


Dear Spring:

Thank you for giving me sunshine in my spirit and the hope for another day...
I am successfully sticking to mentoring young women in my industry and giving back more more more!!! Walking more, smiling more, being more accountable...
I plan to seize the season by getting deeper into my prayer life and asking GOD
to show more of his glory through my life!
I'm excited that I have a good home base and that I am blessed that family is on FB. Now I have contact with relatives in California that I hardly ever see! I got more
joy from seeing their faces and being able to connect. I'm excited about being able to know that I have a purpose, that I share joy and that I am actively reaching my potentials day to day... I can do all things through Christ who giveth me strength...
I want to share that message with all who toil- ...Nothing is Impossible with GOD! You can look at your past to propel you to your future when you realize how much further along he has already brought you! DON"T STOP! DON'T QUIT! Stick to it! PRAY all the time- fill your ears with voices of God's ministering singing angels...
I'm always smiling because every day that I ask for a sign of his presence, he places pennies at my feet... My reminder that- "In GOD we Trust"! AMEN!

Thank you for giving me a place here! M.L. Swanson

**********************************************************************************

Dear Spring;

Thank you for returning right on time and the twins.
I am successfully sticking to figuring it out as it happens.
I plan to seize the season by staying positive with my life and avoiding judgement of things/people I do not knowI'm excited about "you", so can you send that blessing/excitement to my family, friend and co-workers. Their all a great bunch.I'm smiling because I used to cry too long over small things. Now I aim to welcome the big good things and my smile is for those things/people that are smiling back at me.

Sincerely,
Nat from NC


**********************************************************************************
Dear Spring; Thank you for the ability to see and dream again, think and take into action what I didn't do yesterday, breathe and give thanks for every living thing. I am successfully sticking to never taking this season for granted, and claiming all that has been promised to me. I plan to seize the season by putting God first in all that I do, and knowing that in him I live, I move and have my being.I'm excited about "you", so can you send that blessing/excitement to my echos......my never-give-uppers, my dream-biggers. Let's hold each other up. Let's be accountable for each other, and I promise to do the same for you!I'm smiling because Spring is here, and with this new season breathes second chances, new opportunities, and the belief that now is the time to dwell in the overflow. It's yours! Sincerely, Osa

**********************************************************************************

Dear Spring;

Thank you for God allowing me to be in good health, spirits and being my complete vessel to see & experience things when my vision was cloudy.
I am successfully sticking to being a beautiful person from the inside first and loving myself, so my spirit can touch the next young lady who made need me to guide them in the experience of becoming a woman, mother, friend, and a "Sis-Star"
I plan to seize the season by cheering on my son through his summer basketball season, while striving for another win at the national AAU league...YAY!!!!!
I'm excited everyday about my two sons Michael & Marquise, they are literally the air I breathe and the reasons why I strive for success, Mommy loves you both so much!!!!!
I'm excited about "you", so can you send that blessing/excitement to my twin sister Selena R. G.
She is my best friend who I was blessed to be born with while many people can't even find one true friend. I Love you " twinny twin"!
I'm smiling because Marcella Precise took the time to care about how I was feeling! Your a GEM!!!
Sincerely,
Serena R. Gatlin


**********************************************************************************
Dear Spring;
Thank you for bringing me love I can use and return
I am successfully sticking to believing in myself and true friends with great energy
I plan to just never ever give up on things that feel right
I'm excited to go on this long awaited cruise with my family
I'm excited about "you", so can you send that blessing/excitement to Derrick T
He is a pretty cool dude and a good friend that keeps God first like myself:)I am smiling because I am worth it
Sincerely;
Stace N.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************


****************
SHE DID IT!!
****************


HONORS:

GOODGIRL PR
of NYC



On their venture with "the new d'Gianni Lingerie Collection will be unveiled aboard a luxurious cruise ship in New York City at 1:30pm on May 10, 2009. The Mother's Day Runway Cruise will launch the latest innovations in lingerie designed to inspire men and women of all shapes and sizes to embrace their inner sexuality!"
Ticket Price: $100
*All tickets must be purchased in advance.
Tickets include: Open Bar, an upscale brunch menu and a lingerie show aboard a beautiful yacht in NYC. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Susan B. Komen for the cure.
To purchase tickets please use the following:



*********************

HONORS:




On their 3rd Annual Principal Soiree Recognizing Principals for Outstanding Achievement
May 6th 2009


*********************

HONORS:

STEP UP WOMEN'S NETWORK


*********************

HONORS:

TAWNIA L. RAMIREZ





On her novel that focuses on a woman's journey to salvation.


*********************


HONORS:


*********************


HONORS:

The New Business Owners of Oakland, Ca and Jersey City, NJ


******************************************************************************************************
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY*****
Because you were born...Great things were born


A Mathews-05/02
Jackie M-05/03
Renee J L-05/06
Reesie Simms-05/06
Lisa M-05/06
Kelly/Tee Tee-05/10
Lina Retel-05/10
Najwa M-05/17
Sarae T- 05/21
Misty F-05/23
K R Johnson-05/23
Malisha N-05/25






To be considered for *A Beautiful Mind*, BE MY GUEST, or SHE DID IT!! Write us at TheFixYaFaceBlogazine@gmail.com

No comments: