Friday, February 1, 2008

LOVE IS STILL LOVE (BE In That And BE In Your Life)

***********************************************************************************
************************************************************************************
The FixYaFace Inner Beauty/Outer Wellness Blogazine
FEBRUARY 2008
(Click above image for actual size)

*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************



The FixYaFace Inner Beauty/Outer Wellness Blogazine is honored to have the dedicated readers and new viewers join us. Feel free to share what keeps you going and loving in this lifetime. This is yet another month to celebrate. Let the festivities begin in your mind and the actions will follow. We are living in historical times. Although hurt and stress exist-don't let them linger in your individual presence. Recognize the Love and BE in that. BE in love with the idea of letting your voice, your vote and your life count, right now.

Many things will continue to change for us but Love... is still Love. This feeling doesn't stop you, stifle you or stall your growth. Feel like you deserve it and you can find someone all the time, that will have that equal exchange with you. Ladies and Gentlemen this time is not about what we use to want. For it is about what can now actually BE!! Black History Month, NY Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, The Grammy Awards and Primary Election Voting for Our Next President Of The United States -all wrapped up in the month that Love is highlighted in:) Generations before us had to BE there, for us to get HERE. Because I am truly grateful I can say..I love it!! Congrats to you for making it this far and all the Love you recognize in your life.

You can smile about it.
Have fun, have faith and FIX YA FACE!

(If you and your valentine go to the movies, go see Martin Lawrence in "Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins". We have a song in there. All praises go up to..)

Exercises Of The Month:
1. Drink more water. 2. Know that the better place you are trying to get to, is where your already at, when you are loved.

--Marcella Precise



IN FYF THIS MONTH:

A BEAUTIFUL MIND welcomes to the interview chairs:
BEAGY ZIENLINSKI,
CHERYL "COKO" CLEMENS
TAMARA WALKER
ERIKA SALTERS


As we continue the inspiration with a BLAST! Four Beautiful Loving Admirable Savvy Talented ladies of purpose that understand their worth. That understanding shines through out their lives as they approach all events with positive energy and love. Please enjoy a glimpse of their journey's thus far.

MARCELLA PRECISE'S FAVORITE FIND OF THE MONTH has a review of a great item worth showcasing.

MISS TY'S TALKING is where Executive Manager, Ty Powell is making her "information proclamation" debut. Write her about concerns and ideas. She'll tell it like it is or atleast like it could be:)

SHE DID IT!! is where passionate, sincere and dedicated individuals across the world are honored. Send us an email about 1 you know. The first winner of a FYF "WANT IT!! WIN IT!! WEAR IT!! giveaway is announced. PLUS WE HAVE BIRTHDAY GIRLS AND NEW MOTHERS!!



**************************************************************
**************************************************************

February is Black History Month

Working with all that is true and good for you...Friday February 1, 2007

STRAWBERRY SMILES


Your strength, open mind and abilities are priceless! I hope someone has captured your heart in a great way so that the flowers, love letters, candy and gifts with keys are in abundance. If not, your still superb and able to see the Loves surrounding your life. Don't give extra energy to anyone or anything that you believe is attempting use/drain you. That is not Love or consideration for your life's purpose. Center yourself and embrace positive movements/actions with those that feel the same. If they are not exchanging a positive respect for the "you" that your BEing right now, please exit the situation with grace. It's not healthy to let hurt and doubt prevail. Replenish strengths within yourself (and listen to a higher power's love for you) to go towards your brightest possibilities.

This February know that you were already doing great yesterday and you are here to spread the word, as to how you made it so far! So BE! BE in your day, in that dress that he loves (okaaay?), in your family, in your desired career or in your bubble bath thinking up a master plan to take over the wooorld. The love of you will touch everyone.

The New Fruit Of The Month keeps you from being weak in the knees even though you are head over heels in love. It sweet in your mouth, in his mouth, in her mouth. And effective to your core, just like you like it (Cut it out, lol) Yes in honor of Valentines Day, we are definitely talking about the Strawberry.

The Strawberry contains Vitamin C (muscle & bone collagen), Vitamin K (holds calcium & protein in bones), Folic Acid (matures red blood cells) and the soluble fiber Pectin. Fall in love with it's goodness and get ready to enjoy some this month.

**********************************************************************************
Straw Creamy Berry:
Smash 6 strawberries in a bowl. Add 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream and stir in 1 teaspoon of melted caramel. Place 1 scoop in a 8oz glass and add athin layer of whip cream. Refrigerate for 5 minutes then serve. Makes 4 servings.

Roasted Stuffed Strawberries (as per Rachel Ray-FoodTv.com)
This is an inside-out version of chocolate dipped strawberries. Roasting the fruit brings out even more flavor and juiciness. You'll never settle for plain old dipped berries again! You can use any type of chocolate (milk, white, or semi-sweet), but remember bittersweet chocolate has less sugar and is lower in carbs.
12 extra-large strawberries (the bigger the better!)
1 to 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar, optional
Spray whipping cream (the real kind in the can in the dairy section)
Cocoa powder, for garnishing
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Slice the tops of the berries off just below the stem. Cut the tips off (about 1/4-inch), so that the berries will sit upright. Next, use a small spoon or a melon ball scoop to hollow out the strawberries, working from their tops, in order to create a cavity in each one. Stuff some chocolate into the cavity of each strawberry and place them upright in a baking dish. Lightly sprinkle the berries with sugar, if using. Roast the berries until soft and the chocolate is melted, about 10 to 12 minutes.


To serve, place 3 strawberries on a dessert plate in a triangle. If the berries have given off liquid in the baking dish, spoon it over them. Spray a small mound of cream in the center of the berries, and top each berry with a rosette of cream. Sift a little cocoa powder over the plate, and serve!

(Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.)


************************************************************
************************************************************

MARCELLA PRECISE'S FAVORITE FIND OF THE MONTH
Body Focus Toning Scrub Soap by The Body Shop


...is serious. Serious about the tingle you experience once deep circulation is in effect. Made of lemon oil, shea butter and glycerin uniquely shaped cleanser goes great in accumulative spa gift basket. The scent is inviting. The exfoliating experience is invigorating. After a work out or after work. Work on on feeling renew. Please use your own personal discretion /caution if you are allergic, sensitive or unsure.










*****************************************************************************



*************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes
BEAGY ZIELINSKI (Europe)


1. What keeps you feeling beautiful and energetic? If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?

My work keeps me feeling beautiful and energized believe it or not. I am one of the few lucky people who can truly say I love my job. Anyone who knows me can tell you I hate time off, in the rare event that I have time off I usually find a way to work somehow. If I had a theme song it would likely be "Independent Women" by Destiny's Child Tell us about SLY Magazine. SLY Magazine is currently an online magazine that I am fashion editor for
(www.slymagazine.com ). It is a women's lifestyle magazine that focuses on shoes & accessories.



2. You were raised in Europe and moved to New York City to study fabrics/design production. As a Fashion Merchandiser you traveled to Asia (& several other countries) to study fabrics and * design production very early in your career. But what was the defining moment that lead you in the fashion field?

There wasn't really a defining moment where I wanted to get into fashion, because there was never another option in my mind. I knew I wanted to be in the fashion industry since I was about 5. I even told my mom at 5 that I was
going to be a designer, she laughed and told me I would change my mind when I got older. We all see how that turned out. I was always that kid drawing in a corner while the other kids were playing together, nothing has changed.


3. With your successful experiences* leading you to shoots for Greek Elle, Vogue Germany, Harper's Bazaar China and Vogue Taiwan (on stands March 2008), what are a few of your day to day activities?

I will be shooting "Avenue in New York" for the cover and an 8 page spread. It is a hat story so I will be pulling from the best hat designer in the world; Phillip Treacy, the hats will be from the Alexander McQueen & Ralph Lauren shows, I also will be pulling Balenciaga & Betsey Johnson and making a few pieces myself. Walking my dog, reading a few magazines, keeping up with the latest fashion news via WWD, I am on email ALL DAY LONG with showrooms making appointments to stop by and see the new collections or trying to find new designers that I am not yet familiar with.

4. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?


Honestly I am pretty boring. I'd be lying if I said that my work didn't let me see and do some pretty exciting events, people and trips. So for "fun" I enjoy staying at home with my dog & cat or watching a movie, going
horseback riding, basically anything that gives me an excuse NOT to dress up. LOL


5. One Thing On my LIFE LIST...Oh boy there is soooo much that I still want and will accomplish. I was always taught to
dream big and work hard to make those big dreams come true.
I mean I want to open a rental studio, I want to work with Italian Vogue, I want to design a line of comfortable but fabulous shoes...ect and the list goes on and on.


6. What/Who keeps you grounded in an ever changing world?

My family. My upbringing.


7. What are 2 qualities that you prefer in a mate at this point in your life?

Honesty and someone who doesn't take themselves too seriously and can laugh at them self.

8. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice and what was it?

My mother told me once to network and be friendly with EVERYONE. The plumber down the street may have a cousin that works for Conde Nast!

9. What piece of business advice would you like to share?

1) Network network network, 2) Learn from others mistakes & their good decisions 3) You are never too old or too good at what you do to learn a thing or two from someone else.

10. Fresh Juice, Green Tea or Iced Latte? Chocolates, Flowers or Love Letters?


Fresh Juice and Flowers

11. What word best describes you, right now? Motivated




















**********************************************




**************************************************************



A Beautiful Mind welcomes
CHERYL "COKO" CLEMENS (VA)



1. What keeps you feeling beautiful? If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?
I'm just living my life and I'm happy and free and that's what makes me feel beautiful. The song that reflects my life right now is "GOLDEN" by Jill Scott because that's exactly how I'm living.

2. Tell us about your Stellar Award Nominated & Grammy Award Nominated, Debut Gospel Album, GRATEFUL. It's my first Inspirational CD that I did to encourage and inspire people all over the world. I felt like in this day and time we need a little positivity, some uplifting. So I did to this encourage not just everybody else but for myself as well. I'm very proud of this CD and all the nods it's received.
3. Your successful experiences as the lead singer of iconic R&B female trio SWV, initially connected you to people around the world and your new chapters in Gospel music continues your journey. What are some of your day to day activities?
I'm just a regular person. I'm a mother and a wife first. I make sure home is taken care of before I do anything. So that means taking my kids to school and any other activities they
may have going on. I usually go out of town to sing on the weekends and back home in time for my babies.
4. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?
I like to read a lot! But shopping is my thing! I haven't tried anything new lately.
5. One thing on my LIFE LIST is that I'd still like to have my own label and I'm working on that right now. So that will soon be accomplished.
6. Who keeps you grounded in an ever changing world?

I would have to say my mother.
She doesn't yes me to death and when I'm wrong she doesn;t hestitate to let me know. Everybody needs that one person in life their that will always keep it real with them.
7. What are 3 qualities that you prefer in the man of your life?

God fearing, humility and honesty.
8. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice and what was it?
Shirley Murdock gave me some really good advice when I made the transition to gospel. She said know who you are and who you're doing this for. You don't need people to validate you because the same ones that will crown you will dethrone you. I thought that was powerful.

9. What piece of business advice would you like to share?


Just make sure your business is straight. Don't leave it up to management, attorneys, accountants...nobody! You make sure your business is straight.

10. Fresh Juice, Green Tea or Iced Latte? Chocolates, Flowers or Love Letters?

Juice. Love Letters for sho!


11. What word describe you right no
w? Content.











***********************************************




**********************************************************


A Beautiful Mind welcomes
TAMARA WALKER (NY)


1. What keeps you feeling beautiful? If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?

This may sound a little cliche, but my boyfriend of 9 years keeps me feeling beautiful. No matter if I am looking my best or in the rare cases my worst, he is still at my side as my personal cheerleader. It always helps to have someone who believes in you and what you are trying to accomplish-- that makes life so much easier.
Music definitely makes the world go round and it also just falls right in tune with what's going on in our lives. For me, there are a few songs that kind of reflect my vibe in one way or another:
  • Through the Rain by Mariah Carey: After all that has happened this year career wise (and subsequently financially), I'm still here. I can make it through the rain.
  • Survivor by Destiny's Child: Just like Through the Rain, I am coming out of a personal storm that should have left me shipwrecked. But I am still here and I am going to make it.
  • Independent Women by Destiny's Child: There are a lot of naysayers in the world who told me that I wouldn't make it following my own dreams. Though it has been a struggle, I am making it. Sure I have a personal cheerleader, but he also understands that somethings I have to do on my own.
  • You Make Me Better by Fabolous featuring NeYo: Again, referring to my boyfriend Robert...He makes me better. Though he would probably frown with me saying this, he is the Roslyn Sanchez to my Fab/NeYo right now. He's there for me no matter what. He is my rock...my foundation. He definitely makes me better.
  • Beautiful by Christina Aguilera: There are a lot of people out there who have so many hurtful things to say. I am by no means a traditional beauty, but that doesn't stop me from being me. I may not be a size 2 or have the legs of a gazelle, but I am still beautiful in my own way and I hope that inspires other women to view themselves in a more positive light.



2. What made you create The NY PR DIVA at Wordpress Blog? With your successful experiences allowing you to connect with people around the globe, what are some of your day to day activities?

I started my blog as a means of just getting my thoughts out. Originally I was just going to do a private journal talking about the things I was going through business wise, but the idea of blogging it and sharing it with the world seemed so much better. But it is a lot more than that now. I mean, I vent my thoughts on experiences ( i.e. my post about my horrible experience with American Airlines during my trip to Magic/All Star last February), new people I have met, events I have attended, projects I am working on, politics, race relations, you name it, I talk about it. Kind of like my own version of The World According to Me.
My day to day can be very mundane sometimes or extraordinary other times. I am an email addict. I have to check my email at least 50 times a day (no exaggeration). I read it on my cell phone or online all throughout the day. I network a lot online via Myspace and LinkedIn. I begin relationships online and then translate that to the phone (another thing I am addicted to). I spend alot of time on the phone. I'm always trying to get something going be it business wise or socially. Going to the coffee shop around the corner helps a lot too. You will be surprised to know who lives in the neighborhood. Being that I spend a majority of my time working from home, I may a point of going out to the coffee shop to see "real" people to keep me sane.
3. What are you most proud of that you've done?
I am most proud of the fact that I have stuck to my dream of doing PR. I have been in the game for 7 years now and many obstacles have presented themselves. But I got the courage (or maybe it was because I just wasn't happy with what was going on career wise for me at the time) to branch out on my own. Are there days that I get scared and wonder if I made a mistake? Sure. But in the end, I know what I did was right for me. I am happier. Less stressed.
4. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?
I love to read, write, and watch television. I read everything and anything (recent reads: The Red Tent, The Kebra Nagaste, Our Kind of People, Reading Lolita in Tehran, Fabulosity,Beautylicious). I write erotic fiction and romantica for fun (under the pen Black Sapphire). I love to watch shows like Sex & the City, Girlfriends, the Game, all 3 CSIs, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Law & Order (Criminal Intent and SVU) as well as my guilty pleasures of Gossip Girl and Degrassi the New Class (I can't believe I am admitting I watch those to the world).
I am really open to new things. I would like to go back to dancing (hip hop, ballet), yoga, gymnastics (the have master's classes for us old folks) and believe it or not, I want to try natural bodybuilding. I have always been fascinated by bodies in impeccable shape (think Serena on the cover of Sports Illustrated in that white bikini a few years ago). It motivates me to get myself back in shape (I was a gymnast, dancer, cheerleader, ran track and played soccer as a kid).
5. One thing on my LIFE LIST is straight out of Kimora Lee Simmons' Fabulosity....make my first million.

6. What/Who keeps your grounded in this ever changing world?

My boyfriend Robert. His wisdom (he is older), life experiences, truthfulness /bluntless and his love are my saving graces.
7. What are 2 qualities that you prefer in a mate at this point in your life?
Well, the traits Robert has: honesty, trust and loyalty.
8. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice and what was it?
Again Robert. I guess after 9 years he is good for something, LOL! He says to me regularly to live my life for me and not for others because in the end I am the one who has to live in the life that has been created.
9. What piece of business advice would you like to share?
TRUST YOUR GUT. A lot of times we second guess ourselves instead of going with our initial feelings. Be careful because that can cost you a lot of money in the end.

10. Green Tea, Iced Latte or Sparkling Apple Cider? Pant Suit, Mini Skirt or Long Dress?

Green Tea (it's healthier and I am on a kick to get myself back on track healthwise), Pant Suit (I don't do the skirt/dress thing unless there are no clean clothes left).
11. What word would best describe you right now? Determined or Stoic

************************************************





**********************************************************

A Beautiful Mind welcomes
ERIKA A. SALTER (NY)


1. What keeps you feeling beautiful and energetic?
A good exercise regimen always helps me to feel my best. I like shopping for and eating great foods that are healthy and organic. I wasn't always this way. Over the course of a year and a half, I managed to lose 40 pounds. I started this by beginning a daily regimen of eating flaxseed and wheat germ with my meals. Before I realized it, I was programming my body to expect nutritious food three times a day and that helped me to cut out the junk that weighs the body down and leaves it feeling less energized. Water is the essential source of life. On average I drink about (5) 16 oz. bottles of water a day which I would honestly do more of if I didn't feel that it impeded my progress by causing me to have too many bathroom breaks. I have always been athletic but since I becoming more health conscious, I feel great when I adhere to it. My mind, body, and spirit have become stronger for it.
Another good resource for healthy eating and living is a book called 'Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type' by Dr. Peter D'Adamo. The book delves into the idea of individualized diets based on one's blood type.

If there's a song that reflects your vibe, what would that song be?
A cross between Bob Marley's "Jammin'" and "Proud Mary" by Tina Turner.

2.
Tell us about the SALTER ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, LLC.

Salter Entertainment Group (SEG) is a full-service television and film production company based in New York City, NY.
We specialize in crew/production staffing and multi-media consulting for television, film, and print formats.

While going for my B.A. in Broadcast Journalism and Communications, I chose to really hone in on my ability to produce and get things done effectively.
My studies and experience in the field lead to a career path which started in television news producing and branched out into documentary and major motion picture film production. I have worked with such big name stars as Will Smith (I Am Legend), Vanessa Williams (New Jack City/ Soul Food), Robin Givens (Boomerang), and Method Man, to the smaller independent production companies and urban industry print publications.
My team of advisors and I work around the clock in developing and improving our brand and business model as a newly existing business entity. We know that our livelihood in the world of entertainment business depends on our most cherished asset, our client. Through our experience, ability, and commitment to hard-work, we provide each client, regardless of their star status, a memorable experience of doing business with us. We hope to build Salter Entertainment Group into a very recognizable name that industry executives and viewing audiences alike look to in creating innovative content in television and film production.

We can be found on the web at
www.salterent.com.


3. With your successful experiences allow you to connect with different
industries around the globe, what are some of your diverse day to day
activities?

Honestly, my days are pretty programmed because I do everything by schedule.
Keeping a schedule is the way that I prioritize my life and get the most productivity for my time. Some things that I do as a small business owner include interfacing with vendors and independent contractors daily. I also conduct a lot of research in my field. It is my job to find the latest in media technology and things that are simply cool so I get to attend a lot of conferences and events that introduce brands, artists, and products. It's the greatest job on earth.


4. What do you do for fun? What new fun thing would you like to try?
New York is a wonderful place to live for a fun-enthusiast like myself. I really enjoy anything that inspires me outside of my work. I am a guilt-ridden video gamer (Original Nintendo), and I love to watch live sports (Go Hawks!). I also enjoy going to the many different shops in and around NYC and listening to great music via vinyl record or live performance.

I would like to try scuba diving or rock-climbing in an exotic location this year.

5. One thing on my LIFE LIST is to accomplish the goal of Motherhood some day. Growing up with a mother and grandmothers as a good as mine… I have lots of love to give.
6. What/Who keeps you grounded in an ever changing world?

Faith and family. I learned my faith through the example and teaching of my parents. Now that I have a personal relationship with God, I feel that nothing is impossible because I am constantly humbled by the challenges that my faith has brought me through. It is a great feeling to know God when times are good and bad. Regardless of the success of my company and future endeavors to come, my faith is a constant in my life.

7. Fresh Juice or Green Tea? Chocolates or Love Letters? High Heel, Low Heel or No Heel?
Green Tea because it keeps you thin. Love letters because nothing says 'I Love You' like the three-letter word written out and every woman in the world knows the power of a high heel… let's just leave it at that!


8. Who gave you 1 really good piece of advice and what was it?
One of my Aunt's told me when I first came to New York that no matter what- take a job if it was offered to me, regardless of whether it was what I was looking for or not. I truly believe my acceptance of this advice set me up for the greatest opportunities that I had starting out.

9. What piece of
business advice would you like to share?

Take time to reflect. In the world of business, owners and employees alike are prized for how quickly we can think on our feet. The haste and flurry of this routine can sometime cause for self-care and accountability to fall by the way-side. It is very beneficial to have time set aside each day to simply think on the actions, choices, and decisions one makes in a day. I try to write down my thoughts at the end of each day and think on them as they metaphorically stare me in the face; a great way for me to keep myself in check and in balance. Reflection is download and down-time.

10. Put ALL 3 in order of preference. Great Night Sleep, Great Food, A Great Pair Of Shoes.


A great night sleep! I love sleep… just ask my Mom. Great shoes and food come in a dead-even tie. I'm sorry but without great shoes there's no point of 'stepping out' and without good food in your system… you can't 'walk it out'!


11. What are 2 qualities you prefer in a mate at this time in your life? Someone Fun and Sincere.

12. What word would best describe you right now?
Happy


*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************


**MISS TY'S TALKING**

Rekindling an old flame that found you online (pros and cons)
Pros:
  1. You feel young again. It shows and varies in your behavior
  2. It's always nice to see what people from your past are doing
  3. It makes you feel good to know that you still got it
Cons:
  1. You don't know what people have done since you've severed ties with them and you don't want to get mixed up in craziness
  2. There is a reason why they are in the past leave them there
  3. ALWAYS LOOK AND MOVE FORWARD NEVER BACKWARDS



Importance of educating a child early (ie. pre- school, home school, 1 on 1 games)
I always thought the myths about talking to your belly or putting music to your belly while you're pregnant was foolish. That is until I got pregnant with my son. Not only did he listen to music while I was carrying him,but when he was born I would read the newspaper to him in the morning. ( After all he was in the house with me) All of this helped a great deal because when he finally went to Kindergarden his Teacher,Principal,and counselor all thought he was a genius because he was articulate and knew his mother's full name and his address. There are people like me who think that was normal or common sense. But I have since learned that sense isn't always common.

But don't mind me... I'm just talking:) Happy New Year everyone. I'm glad to be on board!
*************************************************************************
*************************************************************************
****************
SHE DID IT!!
****************
HONORS:
*******************
EBONY UNDERWOOD
on winning the


*****************WANT IT? WIN IT! WEAR IT! ***************
SALTE in conjunction with FixYaFace.Blogspot.com Dec 2007 giveaway of one (1) FREE pair of "THE BLOGGER" earrings in Bronze.




**************************



HONORS:
********************************************
**The New Business Owners of Macon, Georgia and Houston, Texas**
*********************************************

HONORS:
*******************************************************
**The New Mothers of Tuscan, Arizona and Delta, Colorado**
************************************************************


*****************************************************
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY*****
*************************

Because you were born...Great things were born


Ms. Lerae K-02/01
Ms. Joana MM-02/01
Miss. Debra Jones-02/04
Mrs. H Shells-02/08
Mrs. Lucy J. Hilt-02/08
Ms. Sharone Staps-02/09
Miss RK Johnson-02/12
Ms. Maria D-02/12
Mrs. Simone J- 02/24
Ms. Tara G H-02/24







To be considered for A Beautiful Mind, **MISS TY'S TALKING** or SHE DID IT!! Write us at TheFixYaFaceBlogazine@gmail.com

No comments: